Heavy sigh!
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Angry  Heavy sigh!
Housesitting for friends. This has not been an issue until we started bringing Katy. One of the dogs likes to get into the uncovered litter box (their cat's is covered and we should have brought ours.

Dog has gotten downstairs already and just now she pushed chair out of way. It rolled down the stairs and smashed a window in the stairwell. So do we fix it or wait until they get home to tell them. They just left. I am not feeling well this time which doesn't help but this old dog can be such a pest.13 going on puppy pest.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-14-2017, 11:49 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Heavy sigh!
Oh my goodness People. If this weren't so awful for you, it would almost be classed as a comedy of errors. This is awful - like a domino effect where one thing broke another thing and then another thing. I wouldn't bother the people if they are on holiday - it might just make them worry. If you are able to fix things, I would do so to the best of your ability. The rest will just have to wait until they get home and everyone gets to fess up. Hopefully they are understanding and even better if they have a good sense of humor about this. Pets can be such children sometimes.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
05-15-2017, 12:03 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Realized that the glass has a special pattern for it. So I will leave it to them to deal with and offer to pay for part of it. No I will not be telling them. I am not even telling them that I am sick.
05-16-2017, 02:47 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
People: You're sick right now? I am sorry. So this is the worst time for house sitting for you. It is so kind of you to not let them know. Are they going to be gone for a long time? Is there an end in sight, or did they go on an extended leave? Are you going to be okay?
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
05-21-2017, 12:00 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I did let them know but what could they do? They were at the other end of the country. They didn't have anyone who could step in. However, for summer holidays they will go east at different times. I asked why but got no response. Hubby did just finish with time off and as she works for the school board she is off in a month. (Canada finishes later). Still I worry that it is me.

MT

They will be down to 1 dog by then. They big eyed big hearted one is aging quickly and it is time for him to go over the rainbow bridge. He is so sweet and I am so sad about it.
05-28-2017, 09:44 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heavy metal but fits The People 1 2,063 10-09-2013, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Tangled Web