Update on my sister
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
May trigger  Update on my sister
MT med

I heard yesterday that my sister with lung cancer would only last until the summer. Her status has been upgraded and now it is just a matter of weeks. Thus is the nature of lung cancer. It is a relief to have decided not to go. My T agrees with me. I would not be welcomed as the 'big fat liar' truth teller. I am very sad for her though and feel so helpless. I am sending my sister $100 as she is making the trip. She is beside herself with nerves.

If you smoke, please quit.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-07-2017, 11:44 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Update on my sister
i'm so sorry. it must be so difficult dealing with this loss and not being able do anything. i'm struggling to find words... being the "big fat liar" truth teller is a very lonely place to be. sending you positive thoughts to buoy you up.
03-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Update on my sister
Having had many people in my life succumb to this disease I understand how helpless you feel. This isn't easy for anyone involved, and is terrifying for the person dying of this. I am sorry that you also feel isolated by being labeled in the manner that you are, and that you may not easily get closure on this issue. I too am sending you warm calming thoughts of comfort and validation.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
03-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Scared Need to stop texting with sister The People 3 2,767 01-09-2018, 04:50 AM
Last Post: The People
Sad My sister is gone. The People 10 5,464 03-29-2017, 02:48 AM
Last Post: The People