Do your siblings remember
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Do your siblings remember
I was quite shocked when I spoke to my sister a few weeks ago. We had not spoken in 25 years. Not only has she forgotten most of her childhood but she is in denial about the father's alcoholism and the fact that anything ever happened to her. Years ago I spoke to an older brother. He too denied the alcohol factor. The father was even dxd with alcohol based dementia by doctors but nobody accepts it.

This confuses me. It even causes me to question myself and my own memories. Does anyone else have siblings like this?

Only 1 brother and 1 sister have acknowledged it out of 10.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Do your siblings remember
not to the extent that you have experienced it. i have one brother who whitewashes it all, and acts like things were hunky-dory all the time. that's one out of eight.
03-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

What about the others? In my case only a few of us have memories, or acknowledge them.
03-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
my other siblings remember stuff. that is one thing that i have had support from siblings sharing memories of the hard times. that sounds weird, that sharing memories of the pain is support, but that's how i experienced it. i have another brother who prefers not to talk about the stuff, but i'm pretty sure he remembers.

im sorry your siblings have not been able to come to grips with what happened in your FOO. it sounds so isolating to be alone in the memories.
03-02-2017, 11:47 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

2 of my sisters had very messy relationships. One had 2 really bad ones in a row. There is little opportunity for treatment there *ss it is a small community. I think their heads are too full of newer pain to delve into the past. As well, most of the father's drinking was not done at home. They never saw it so even I didn't put it together until I was an adult. By 14 I was the adult of the house while had many siblings older than me. My mother used me as her sounding board as I was around and they weren't. It is difficult.
03-03-2017, 10:24 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger Remember Trudy Chase? The People 3 2,231 09-26-2019, 01:29 AM
Last Post: The People
  Just remember that The People 3 2,508 10-14-2018, 12:15 PM
Last Post: mosaic