Other web site forums
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Other web site forums
I visited this chat room last night (not a mental health site, but an recovery site), and it was supposed to have a respectful chat room policy. I was actually astounded at the back-biting and disrespectful atmosphere on that site. It was then I realized that obviously other chat rooms with little rules would be many times worse. I guess I am spoiled by Mosaic Minds. It truly is a SAFE PLACE for people as sensitive as we are to come and be heard without fear of being attacked or made fun of. I really was shocked at the nastiness of the other site and the total lack of regard for other's feelings. Basic social politeness was totally absent. This is a testament to the way this site is so well run by the moderators, and by the individuals themselves who use it. The people here seem to be particularly sensitive to the feelings of the other members, and in the years that I have used this forum, I have never experienced any uncomfortable feelings.

I hope that this will encourage those who are feeling timid about posting to just go ahead and dive in. It is good to get support by reading the posts of others, but you are cheating yourself of true support by remaining quiet. Trust is a big issue for those with DID, but I can assure you that here you will only experience understanding and support from those who share much in common with you. So, all of you who are lurking in the shadows, please take a brave step forward into the light to hold hands with the rest of this community. Whatever you have to contribute, even if it seems trivial to you, will be well met and might help others understand themselves better. The whole point of forums such as this, is to know that others share your struggles. In order for this community to be vibrant and useful, we need as many voices to be heard as possible. So, please don't be shy - your welcome awaits you with open arms and unjudgmental hearts.

Igraine
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
02-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Find Reply
VioletPeach Offline
Violet

Threads: 2
RE: Other web site forums
Igraine,

You are so right about this. Many sites that you'd think would be understanding and kind are just awful! I think we (DID people) are some of the most welcoming, open minded, and supportive people that exist. I'm thankful to be here.

~Violet
Ta Tu Go Leor
02-03-2017, 11:48 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
it's great to see you Violet!

the 'anonymity' of the internet seems to bring out the best and worst in people and there don't seem to be a lot of good resources for people like us.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-04-2017, 05:45 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
I believe that because we are all from traumatized backgrounds here, we are totally more sensitive to other people's feelings and reactions. We are actually very careful with each other on this site, which makes it completely unique in my view. It seems that with the experience of enduring trauma comes an empathy that is rarely seen in other groups of people. Hoorah for us!!!!!
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2017, 02:41 AM by Cammy.)
02-06-2017, 02:41 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi Igraine, that makes sense, but then why are other sites so much less compassionate if they are also for people with trauma backgrounds?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-06-2017, 04:38 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
We have had some brush ups in the steam room in the past. Some of us learned from these and others went away. MM has really taught me a lot about the 3D world. Like some people not being who they appear to be. It is nice to come here and be safe. It is also nice when others step in and explain the proper way of addressing something when the teens start to rattle the chains.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-06-2017, 05:17 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
I was reading a post cammy wrote here an old post and wanted to say to the hundreds who read and don't post out of fear awkwardness or anxiety give it a try and do something daring have courage be brave and show us what you are all about give it a try you might get hooked like the rest of us and help make the group stronger and in the process help others ....whats the absolute worse that could happen you can just go back to your old ways if you don't like it nothing gained nothing lost will pray tonight that one person out othe hundreds in this group will give a try and write in and answer a question or tell us about yourself peace and blessings just peachy
08-09-2017, 12:41 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
hi talking heads welcome to the mosaic minds group I have to say you have come to the right place ..thanks be to god for he has answered my prayer..... I had typed in my post above this post on august 9 that I was going to say a prayer that someone out of the hundreds of people that joined the group would have courage to answer a question or write into the group and tell us something about themselves as well as join in on the conversation ..and guess what you are that person who took on that challenge.. ...you will find all of what you wrote in your post about peace and answers to your questions .,,plus lots of support and encouragement ....just a point of interest if you scroll to the top of this page you will read some interesting older posts that I based my post on from august 9 that others wrote about hoping more people would write into as well as give their words of wisdom to the group ...realize this we all have a voice so lets speak up and let us hear it .. so we hope you continue be a part of the group and make it stronger peace and blessings to you .......just peachy
08-11-2017, 01:32 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Doing okay Viewing the Forums on a Smartphone MakersDozn 2 2,321 01-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Question Crossed Out Forums? orek 2 2,560 09-08-2014, 12:03 AM
Last Post: orek