May be sending kitty back
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  May be sending kitty back
My kitten's digestive system has never developed properly and she is now almost 6 months old. I think she is small for her size although not always so. But she is constantly going to the bathroom and if I don't get to her box on time to clean it she goes on the floor. It is more like pudding than poop. I changed her food. I reintroduced wet foods although vets have differing opinions on whether it should be part of their diets.

At this point I could never leave her with friends if I went away or have someone come in to look after her (not comfortable with this right now anyway). But I was supposed to go away with a friend overnight and her husband would look after Katy. This would not do for him.

I have already spent a fortune on medicines for her before Christmas.

Aside from this issue she is great. She is loving and playful and has a good appetite. But as soon as it comes in it goes back out. I am so devastated.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-19-2017, 04:39 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: May be sending kitty back
that is so sad. i was really hoping things would get better for kitty in that area.
01-20-2017, 10:44 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

They are going to try another medication. A friend thought maybe we have been trying too many meds but she doesn't have to clean up the mess.
01-23-2017, 12:21 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
People I am so sorry to hear that you are having this problem with your feline companion. I suppose you've tried just about every formula food on the market. I know this sounds crazy, but have you considered just plain old probiotics? I mean, it's a long shot, but it's not expensive and if it doesn't work then kitty won't be hurt by it. Just an idea if you haven't already tried it. I hope it doesn't come to having to return the kitty, but I totally understand your frustration and it also sounds like you are reaching care taker burnout on this. Let's hope this resolves. I will keep kitty in my thoughts and prayers.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
01-27-2017, 12:00 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Funny y9u should say that Igraine. She was on it but stopped. Started it again afterwe saw the vet yesterday. She is doing better. Good enough to be bad ; )
01-27-2017, 01:18 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Wow People - hope this starts to kick in and really starts working for kitty. Fingers crossed. Sometimes complicated medical issues turn out to have simple answers. Let's hope that this is the case with kitty.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
01-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad my kitty mt mosaic 5 3,365 05-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: nats
Sad New kitty is gone The People 4 3,712 08-15-2015, 09:25 PM
Last Post: The People
Caution kitty and voice The People 0 1,517 03-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Last Post: The People
May trigger kitty sick again The People 1 2,154 03-08-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn