An interesting conversation
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Doing okay  An interesting conversation
In the 80s I joined a group called ACOA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) It was my first support group. I didn't talk much except when a teen would cross talk. I went on from there to SA groups.

They were a part of my growth. Problems developed but in the beginning it was so good to hear people talk about my feelings in their brains.

Today I had coffee with one of the women from the group. I hadn't seen her in over a decade. We talked about various things that led to growth or held us back. We also talked about the good that came out of the group.

As we were getting ready to leave she said something interesting. "We were the first." She went on to talk about how our group and others like it were the first to bring the reality out of the shadows. It was the first time we had thought about it in that way. The forerunner to MM was started in that era. It too was a first and is still unique.

We are heroes.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-10-2017, 01:18 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: An interesting conversation
This makes you a trail blazer People - someone who did something first before anyone else had tried it before. When you think about all the good that has come from those who first had the courage to participate in these groups by allowing themselves to share the pain with others, you need to feel proud of yourself. You are a hero!
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
01-10-2017, 02:41 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: An interesting conversation
Well I wouldn't say hero Igraine but thanks. It all happened so fast that I did the typical jumping before looking thing. However, for a long time it was a better anchor than therapy.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-23-2017, 12:19 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting.... sad but coincidental The People 4 3,253 05-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Last Post: The People
Question interesting link to something many of us have experienced nats 3 3,059 06-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Last Post: The People
  INteresting quote The People 1 1,943 05-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Tangled Web