Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: A Thought
Wasn't the one I was looking for but oh well. Off to visit Two's best friends. Two dogs and a kitty. One of the dogs has a sore leg so we worry about him. Every day with him is a gift.
11-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: A Thought
'Letting go of what we can't change'- thank you so much for this thought. It does make me wonder just how much happier I (we) would be if I could actually perform this incredibly important feat of mental acrobatics. I'm sure I would absolutely be happier if I would jettison the iron albatross from around my neck, and be left to carry just the stuff that can still be worked on.
One of the big things that I cannot change is The Past, but The Past is the major dark monster that lurks almost everywhere, every moment, every single day of my life, and casts its shadow into every corner of my being. I hope I can learn to stop holding onto this nasty creature, because I am indeed holding onto it and not the other way around (as much as I am often convinced that it is holding onto me).
Thank you for this interesting thought People. It definitely warrants attention.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
11-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Caution  RE: A Thought
You are welcome Igraine. We have learned to let go s bit at a time. The first time was when my mother d**d. I was thinking of where I would want her to go based on the old Christian teachings. Where did I want her to go? I decided that I was glad it was not my decision. That was in 1992. Since then I have looked at more and more things in that way. My mantra is the Serenity Prayer. We used to say it at self help meetings I went to (not for addictions)
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 03:08 AM by The People.)
11-11-2016, 03:08 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Food for thought The People 1 1,818 02-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Last Post: mosaic
  A thought on 'stuck' The People 5 4,260 03-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: FreyasSpirit
  A thought The People 1 2,293 05-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn