So nice to be alone
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
So nice to be alone
Well except for the farting dogs and the cat who keeps trying to escape.

We looked at 2 different apartments that we are putting in applications for. Our worry is our debt load that really got out of control. We get to move into one right away but it is in a basement. The other isn't available until the 1st which is a dark day for us.

T had talked to us about moving away from the area of town that we lived in before. But that is where the one is located that we can get into right away. That is in the basement. The windows are barred but basements can be gloomy.

Heavy sigh.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-23-2016, 12:51 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: So nice to be alone
we wouldn't choose a basement if something else was coming available the beginning of next month - its not so far away. there would need to be a lot of positives to make up for the fact it's going to be dark, potentially damp, etc. obviously, you know the situation and we don't, but just ask inside if it is really better to jump immediately?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
10-23-2016, 09:04 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

we decided not to take it nats. we looked at another one and will find out tomorrow if we are accepted. we were worked up and then calmed down. we thought about which one made us feel good when we walked into it. it certainly wasn't the basement. the woman said we stand a good chance of getting it. it is nice and big and quiet.
10-25-2016, 01:56 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
oh we are so hoping this works out for you, people. you are long overdue a break. it would be so nice for you to have your own space again.
10-25-2016, 07:39 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

sounds much better. hope it goes well!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
10-25-2016, 09:49 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

It did! Well so far. I move in on November 1. It is a 1 bedroom in a small building and is cheaper than the bachelors I have been in for the last few years.

Once I move I pay an extra 100 to get a kitty.
10-27-2016, 12:23 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

sound promising Smile!!!
10-28-2016, 07:06 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
it will be so nice if you can have a kitty again. keeping our fingers crossed for you.
10-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

My friend's cat just had babies. They need homes so I am going out for a visit once I am settled and choose a kitty. I swore I wasn't getting a baby again but... The bond is stronger when you start from scratch I think. I will need to get a carrier and bowls... a litter box.

I move on the first and a lady is donating a couch, hair and love seat. I get a free computer from my cable company for signing a 2 year contract. This one is dying so it will be perfect timing.

Did you ever feel like things are going too smoothly? I will miss it here. Miss the animals and my friends. They have been the easiest roommates I have ever had. Part of me wants to stay. Cannot be however.
10-30-2016, 04:46 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Hi People!  I am SO happy to hear that you are getting a break for a change. This is such good news and makes me feel so very hopeful for you. I am glad that you didn't get the basement space - I think it would have ended up being so horribly depressing for you in a very short time. This other place sounds so much better. Even more exciting is the prospect of a new kitty for you. Have you got to the point where you've decided if you want a boy or a girl - have you started to make a list of possible names yet?  This is one of my favourite parts of getting a new baby animal - picking the new name. As you probably already know, the SPCA will provide significant financial assistance for spaying and neutering your kitten. From what I understand, they charge a very small fee to people who qualify.  They are very good about accommodating people in this regard. Maybe this is something for you to check out if you think it might help out a bit.  (This is likely something that you are probably already aware of, but I thought it would be helpful to mention it just in case you haven't heard about it before.)  At any rate, I am truly happy for you. You certainly deserve to have things go your way for a change.
     Please keep taking special care, and if you can please give updates on the kitty situation (like what name you've decided on).
         Warmest wishes from Igraine.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2016, 08:54 PM by Cammy.)
11-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Happy A Nice Phone Message The People 2 2,391 08-23-2018, 11:50 PM
Last Post: The People
  Nice thoughts on self The People 1 2,172 05-25-2015, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Unity
I'm new/Introduction I need a nice, loving, kind vacation from life WendyLee 12 10,916 07-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Last Post: WendyLee