a safe ministry or something creepy?
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
May trigger  a safe ministry or something creepy?
anyone every been a part of http://www.net-burst.net/counselor-therapist/free-therapy.htm 0r heard of grantly morris?( warning major chr content on linked page). what do you look for in a site to know if it is safe and legit?
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2016, 01:16 AM by dreamers.)
09-14-2016, 01:15 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: a safe ministry or something creepy?
IMO only you can know for yourself whether it is safe for you. Personally it wouldn't work for me as I need face to face for therapy. But I have heard of other people using professional supports online. Does she have a professional site? Has she been reviewed anywhere?
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-14-2016, 01:21 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

I can't find anything about her and i guess when i said is it safe i didn't mean on the personal level more leke is it a scam? hope that make sense. Or like ive heard of groups of littles who say stay with me or i'll call the cops ( purposely knowing cops trigger many with did) to get people to chat longer. that kind of un safe was more what i meant

-unknown
09-14-2016, 01:50 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Perhaps think of what you would like to get from the group. Then stick your toe in. If something doesn't feel right you can always pull it back out.
09-15-2016, 12:19 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
The only online therapy I have used was through an internationally accredited clinic that used to be called The Stress Clinic or something like that. It was legit and took a online CBT course with daily counselor feedback from an accredited counselor. I am leery of anything that doesn't have national accreditation or isn't recognized by a bona fide psychological association or a College of professionals, so I would check it out thoroughly and try to find any online reports or complaints by previous consumers. The last thing anyone needs is a bogus fly by night would be dime store psychologist messing around inside their heads, ESPECIALLY if they don't specialize in trauma or D.I.D patients. I'd be extremely wary. Google 'Trauma"and there is an international trauma association that should come up and they can give you incredible resources and suggestions for providers that won't make things worse. I think it is called the International Association for Trauma or something like that. They only register qualified providers and they train providers in trauma and D.I.D. therapy. It might be a place to start. I hope this helps.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
09-26-2016, 04:29 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Nice to see you again Igraine!
09-27-2016, 02:06 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

thanks for the replies. I am still reading all the pages she makes new people read to join they all seem written by her not a balanced approach. Which if it were just about her vision for the group I would see that more... Mostly I think we would like chr friends who get that are not of the Enemy. good point about putting a toe in.

Irgrame thanks I guess I didnt think about whether its accredited because saw christian support group but therapy is written there thanks for highlighting that.

I have often thought starting a peer ministry community for any adult who feels like the don't fit in any community/family. It would be a sort of intentioal community online. maybe have a pourch bit where anyone can join and a more serious inner bit where we would support each other in offline goals ( say joe wants to run a marathon he could be matched with an accountibility partern who would hold him accountable to his own training goals in a way he wants).

innerkids and littles could be treated like kids too if bigs and littles agreed Like have a chore chart made by their systems bigs and have a mentor how goes over the chart and puts virtual stickers on and if the little reaches the sticker target their big sets then they get invited to online movie night once a month that would be community reward. The outside mentor would just be there to cheer the kid on.

and everyone on the inner site could have a role so they know the fit and are needed somewhere.

Anyway I guess I was or am hoping to see how an online ministry for did works or doesn't too. So I have experience going into what i'm tentatively calling the virtual intentional community experiment

-unknown
09-29-2016, 10:20 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
As a devout chr****n I think your idea of a peer ministry community for those of us who feel like misfits in the more established chr*****n institutions is absolutely terrific! It would be so nice to find a place to fit in and feel like a part of something that is understanding and non-judgmental. I myself keep trying to find a worship community in the outside world, but it is very hard as we still keep finding ourselves continually on the outside looking in.

Great idea Dreamers!!!!
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
10-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I am the same Igraine. I have attended the same church for a good part of my time here. Sometimes I wander off to another place but end up back where there are at least familiar faces.
10-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

not sure how long ill be out be going to try to reply ( my system is in utter chaos atm) but thanks the encouragement Igraine and the people.

-unknown
11-09-2016, 05:55 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Hope things settle down soon
11-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Find Reply