Definitely fall here in Northern Alberta!
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Definitely fall here in Northern Alberta!
Today is a cold wet day where nobody really feels the need to walk the dogs and they show no interest in going out. We are supposed to hunker down and watch a movie but the hostess has decided to clean. I am much calmer now that I was although I do wonder what the future holds.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Definitely fall here in Northern Alberta!
we are hoping for you that you can find a place that will work for you. we are glad you have found a measure of calm.
09-12-2016, 08:38 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Friendship/Support  RE: Definitely fall here in Northern Alberta!
Thanks Mosaic!
09-14-2016, 01:23 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Hi People....it is getting to definitely be fall down here in the South of Alberta too. I was just out on the deck at about 1a.m. to let my dogs trundle about, and I had to put on my coat AND my polar fleece vest to feel comfortable while sitting out there. We are supposed to get some sunny stuff this coming week, so I imagine the farmers will be using that window to pull off the crops and get them into the silos for the winter. I also heard that we are in for a nasty winter and we just planted a lot of little trees. Our neighbour showed us a trick using a straw bale placed on the leeward side of the tree. I guess that when the snow drifts against the bale it covers up the little tree in a protective cone of snow. It's kind of counterintuitive to me because I would have put the bale on the windward side to protect the tree from the wind, but I am not going to question a third generation farmer who also has a successful tree farm on his property. We are also watering the heck out of all the new trees my husband planted so that come spring the ice ball around them melts and gives them moisture right away.
I hope you manage to have a decent winter up there and I really hope that the almanac and meteorologists are wrong. We get snowed in like crazy out here on the farm, and it is a pain even though we have a big Bob Cat to dig us out now. Still, I have to buy chains for it this year and you would thing the darn things were gold plated or something for what they're asking for them.
I was out earlier listening to my owls. There is a family of about five owls that have been here since I've moved in, and they call to each other at night. It is the most beautiful sound, and it is one of the reasons I love the isolation as it allows me to be close to nature. I can even tell individual coyotes now and I sort of keep an eye on them to see how they're doing. We also have a large pod of about two dozen copper headed prairie quail that have been here forever. They are so large that people mistake them for pheasant. When it gets really cold in the winter and that north wind gets going, we place straw in an indent in our foundation under the front step where they can shelter. I am such a suck for animals, but amazingly they use it. Some people build these little quail and pheasant houses and dot them throughout their property. Since my husband loves wood working so much, I think maybe I'll ask him to make up a couple next year. The nice thing is that the opening is only large enough for the bird, and large predators like dogs and coyotes can't get in there. People paint these little houses in all kinds of wild cool colors, so I think it would be kind of fun and something whimsical and cheerful.
I read your post about staying with people, but that you are going to eventually be moving out to be alone again. I am sorry that you have to feel so isolated most of the time. Most of my life I felt the greatest isolation whenever I was in a crowd of people, or even at a social event with coworkers. I actually prefer my time alone, and need it. My husband and mom give me a lot of berth when I need my down time, and everyone here knows that when I do outside to sit alone, or when I am in my study, I am NOT to be disturbed. But then, I have them to go back to when I'm ready, and you seem to have no one. That pains me a great deal. My hope for you is that somehow you can find someone with whom you can really develop a close connection, and I don't mean online. Even if it is just a new neighbor that you 'click' with or a special friend once you move into your new place. I am always thinking about you and I wish you the very best in your search for your new place. Take special care.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
09-26-2016, 04:15 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Thanks Igraine. Today was rough. I drove around a lot. First to the school to drop something off for woman. Then to pick up letter to go with application. THE PLACE WAS CLOSED! They had a gas leak. I had enough. Texted friend and told her about it and that I just needed to get away.

I got home as late as I could and was mad. Both dogs had been sick and husband was watching election stupidity. The dogs had both been sick and he had just left it to clean up after the coverage. P*ss on that. Poor dogs. I cleaned it up and then spent time cuddling them. They are old dogs. But the one who was really slowing down isn't the one who got sick. Love the animals. But cannot wait to get out of here. I too hope to find a coupe of new friends. Thank you.
09-27-2016, 02:14 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Crap PEOPLE - there must be an epidemic of major bull s**t happening in the universe lately. I've been though 8 consecutive days of running into people that are rude, disrespectful, was lied to right into my face at the pharmacy, and the list goes on. This triggered major PTSD and of course, brought forth my less stable and more reactive personas. I've been a mess this week and I am HOPING that it is over, but something tells me that this run of crud hasn't finished with me yet. It's getting to the point where I'm wondering is it the way people are out there, or is it just me? I don't know right now. So, for both of us, I am hoping that things settle down a bit and we can enjoy a period of smooth peace - we deserve a darn break!  Hang in there as best as you can and I'll do the same thing. I will be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2016, 09:01 AM by Cammy.)
09-28-2016, 09:00 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I went again yesterday and they said it would take 10 weeks to process it as they get so many. Could take forever. I was stunned and went to another agency. Much more promising. I need a place by the end of November.
09-29-2016, 02:15 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Other/All/Unsure Family Day in Alberta! The People 3 3,245 02-21-2017, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Cammy
  Alberta The People 5 3,700 07-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: The People