Alter acting out again!
puzzle Offline

Threads: 5
Alter acting out again!
I told you about one alter acting out and how my T sort of brokered and agreement between us. Needless to say, that agreement was broken. Then T brokered another deal which has been kept for nearly one week. But i am so incredibly tired and now T wants me to go into inpatient treatment so I do not end up in the mental health hospital again. Has anyone been to an inpatient facility designed to treat all your disorders?

Can anyone help me gain a little perspective to hold me together for just a few days until I can figure out a few things? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

puzzle
06-24-2016, 10:23 PM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Alter acting out again!
Hi puzzle. So sorry things are bad for you right now. Sounds really rough. Do you have any sense of what the inside one thinks of the new deal and of what they think about the possibility of going to a facility? Wondering if they may try to keep it together to keep you our of a facility.
Please know that we are thinking of you and wishing you some peace. Hope that you can get some rest and some clarity to figure things out.
Silent Society
06-24-2016, 11:30 PM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
Also wondering what you think about doing inpatient treatment? Do you need something new to help you? We have not done inpatient but thinking it may be a good thing if it is something you want to do to help you get grounded.
06-25-2016, 12:01 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Over the years we have heard stories about inpatient treatment. Good, bad and in between. The positive about it over H is that the people understand DID. Not so much in H. At least not here. As for the acting out I don't think it will stop until you know why. We figured it out and it stopped.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-25-2016, 01:41 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Earlier this year my younger teen, Fagan, began acting out terribly. I felt I was hostage while she wreaked havoc with my relationships. I finally went to my T, who specializes in DID, and we quickly found out the reason why Fagan was doing this. Once we discovered why, and once Fagan was able to verbalize her issues, we were able to figure out that she had never been acknowledged for all the pain and anger that she was carrying for the rest of us. So my T gave her permission to email her anytime she needed to vent or express herself, and it worked! Now that Fagan understands that she is valued in the system and feels validated, she has worked with the rest of us quite harmoniously since. I agree with The People in that it is important to "know why". I think that this is the key to bringing some calmness to that individual.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
07-10-2016, 07:20 AM
Find Reply