Has anyone else done a sandbox at T?
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Angry  Has anyone else done a sandbox at T?
We have done a few. Two did this one. We really get twisted afterward without understanding why. Ts love hem. I f*ck*ng hate them. Why are they supposed to be good for us? T told us not to dwell on it.

Then we come home and then 10th f*ck*ng fire alarm since we moved in went off. Life is bullsh*t.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-19-2016, 12:03 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

RE: Has anyone else done a sandbox at T?
I don't know why there was so much anger over this. Obviously it stirred up something. The fire alarm didn't help.
05-19-2016, 12:50 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
definitely sounds like it stirred up something. hope you get some peace.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-20-2016, 10:56 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
I can't do sandbox at all. I freeze every time. There is the decision of trying to decide what should be the most important thing that we want the sandbox to show, and there is simply too much, and too many of my littles have so many issues. To let any single persona be allowed full expression, and then the others not allowed just doesn't feel fair to all involved, and makes the others feel like they are not as important as the one who gets to express themselves with the sandbox. So, I avoid sandbox...it's just too overwhelming for us.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
09-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

That is what we decided Igraine. Peak and Two thought it would be like playing but it is anything but that.
09-29-2016, 02:03 AM
Find Reply
Deee6 Offline

Threads: 5
could you explain what Sandbox is? Sorry I am just coming back online and am not familiar with Sandbox.
10-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Hi Deee. Some therapists use a small box of sand, sometimes in conjunction with a box of small toys and figurines, to allow the patient to express themselves. I'm not quite sure, but I think it might be a Jungian concept (I could be wrong on that one, so forgive). I think the idea is that by letting the mind go and just playing with the sand to create patterns or a scene, some T's think that this gives a glimpse into the subconscious or the inner world of the patient's mind, or accesses the major issue that the patient is currently experiencing. The end result is often symbols, pictures drawn in the sand, scenes with figurines, words, or abstract creations. Of course, with D.I.D., this whole sandbox self-expression thing is a quagmire, mostly because we are multi-minded persons, and are not expressing ourselves from the seat of simply one distinct individual. Forcing someone as complex as a multi-mind to create a single thing that accurately expresses the totality of our inner mental state is simply too much for us to manage. We often feel overwhelmed, or if we do make the attempt, then parts of the personality system become upset at being under-represented. In other cases the whole process of making the attempt simply causes generalized upset.

I hope this helped answer your question for you. My experience with sandbox is limited, and I now would simply refuse to do one, and then try to explain later. With therapists I do not know or trust, I just tell them that the sandbox creates or re-creates feelings of tr--ma. This technique is very helpful with very young children who are too young to articulate their feelings, so it is not without its merits.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
11-10-2016, 10:21 PM
Find Reply