A Dog
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
A Dog
My therapist and doctor want us to have another pet. in a previous career T worked with working dogs and has connections. She found a place here where some go through the training and don't quite make it to the finish line. They still need a home.

My apartment is in a condo building. 'No pet' rules. People sneak them in anyway but I would never go through that route. If I cannot have it honestly and openly what is the pint. Always being afraid that someone would give us the ultimatum to move or get rid of it.

When got my first kitty (at suggestion of T of the time) I approached the building manager first. Explained as much as I think she needed to know. She saw no issue with having a little cat. So I brought home the grey striped Tabby I had for 15 years. Then I moved and got the second one. It has been a year since they moved on to sleep. I tried another one but she had issues, probably neurological. We really miss having an animal. Someone to talk to and to love. ;( Hated giving an explanation and so afraid they will say no.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
RE: A Dog
Not sure where you live. In the States, you would qualify for a service dog, an emotional support dog. Service dogs are working dogs and do not fall under the no pet rule. just a thought. Can give you more info if you want it.
05-19-2016, 03:06 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: A Dog
My T is looking into it for me thanks. I am in Alberta Canada. The one that is burning. Well, just the northern part. But the thanks for the offer. The landlord is bringing it to the board.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-21-2016, 05:12 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Happy Noo dog sho ona tv! MakersDozn 0 2,690 05-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Just talking walking our dog mosaic 3 4,026 05-26-2012, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Unicorns