Post memory reactions
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   Post memory reactions
Several months ago we had a peek at a memory. We refused to deal with it and actually sent message to T saying we were done /o saying why. We eventually went back when life was snowball rolling downhill toward a fire ball.

On Wednesday we shared it with her. Really bad. Might have written about it. Cannot remember. That's the thing. We are just all numb and empty.

Do other people go through this when they share something big. It's been a while.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-09-2016, 05:37 PM
Find Reply
FreyasSpirit Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Post memory reactions
Dealing with new memories comes in waves. The first pass, we often ignore it or minimize the memory, or just say "this sounds scary, I hope this isn't real" and try not to think about it. Then the second pass comes and we start considering what it would take to process it. It doesn't mean we will process it then and sometimes we do decide to catalog it and box it up and set it aside for later. We do try to process the memory before external circumstances force us to, but we have been very fortunate that nobody, internal or external has ever tried to force us to process memories which we were not ready for.
04-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Post memory reactions
There definitely have been times of feeling numb and empty. And then times when it feels like everything is overwhelming. And times of not being able to remember.
04-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new memory - betrayal of friend - not sure what to believe canucklady1971 2 2,649 09-30-2014, 04:55 AM
Last Post: nats
Question degrading memory? Dreamscapes Collectives 6 6,455 10-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Last Post: nats