A thought on 'stuck'
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
A thought on 'stuck'
So often we multiples feel stuck. The memories, the moving forward. This pictures seems to express why it happens. We are stalled. Sometimes there is a reason although we may not recognize it at the time.

I remember taking 'When Rabbit Howls' out of the library before dx. I remember returning it without understanding why. Someone - Gabriel I think - didn't think we were ready to read it. I found this today and it fits so well with these stuck times.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2016, 09:01 PM by The People.)
03-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: A thought on 'stuck'
I am stuck with this post Sad Realized photo is too big and tried to remove it but it won't go away.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Find Reply
WeAreKaren Offline

Threads: 2
Spiritual content  RE: A thought on 'stuck'
It is large. Smile But it doesn't seem to cause any issues, so no worries. It's a great quote and definitely true. Sometimes a delay is necessary. We need to be ready for certain steps in our lives. One of my favorite quotes from my therapist is "Slower is faster." Karen
"Poco a poco se va lejos"
Little by little you go far - Spanish Proverb
03-04-2016, 12:10 AM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
Wow. my t has used the same type of quote regarding slower being quicker. Our outside name is also Karen
03-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Find Reply
WeAreKaren Offline

Threads: 2
Silent Society - Well how about that. Howdy Karen. Well, I've gotta run. I'd meant to reply to more posts but a friend called and I just got off from talking to her and now I need to get myself to bed. Good night and hope to trade posts with you again soon. Karen
"Poco a poco se va lejos"
Little by little you go far - Spanish Proverb
03-04-2016, 01:28 AM
Find Reply
FreyasSpirit Offline

Threads: 4
This is a wonderful quote and fits so well with our system's history.  After elementary school, we buried all our emotions and went numb for several years and our emotions only came back when we were 15 and had a friend we could share our pain with and where we would not be alone.  Our gender exploration was delayed until we were near a financial position where we could afford to finish school even if we were disowned.  It also did not come up until we found a group of empowered trans people where we could explore gender from a position of strength.  We are not entirely sure how much of a role dissociative amnesia played with this one, but suspect it played at least a small role.  

Our plurality did not come up until after we had finished school, had a stable income, and also had a group of empowered multiples around us who were able to guide us.  This allowed us to explore our plurality from a position of strength, rather than first discovering it from a therapist telling us we have DID.  Our trauma history also did not show up for another 6 months, allowing us to explore our system, build in system connections, build an innerworld (rediscover for the first time since elementary school? - we have no idea whether we had an innerworld when younger), and become very comfortable with our identity as plural.  

Our system did a wonderful job revealing things to us only when we were ready to deal with them and is a huge part of the reason why we are as functional as we are today.

Thank you for posting this.  This is a powerful reminder of how useful our system preventing us from dealing with things before we were ready can be.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2016, 03:07 PM by FreyasSpirit.)
03-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Food for thought The People 1 1,799 02-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Last Post: mosaic
  A Thought The People 3 2,959 11-11-2016, 03:08 AM
Last Post: The People
  A thought The People 1 2,272 05-16-2015, 06:49 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
  stuck Tangled Web 2 2,124 05-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web