Tough time
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
Tough time
Hi. Having a really tough time. I a place where am aware of the outline of the trauma and many details. Recently found another alter who was kept in a box. She was gotten out of the box when what happened was too hard for others to deal with. Got the worst of the worst. She almost constantly screams and pulls out her hair on the inside. She got to talk to T three times before he was too sick to work anymore. Now working with new T as ours is dying.
Husband has skin cancer and is having surgery tomorrow. All this and keeping working. Is too much. Not sleeping well. Hard to comfort inside one and function with all the inside screaming and outside reality.
Struggling
01-27-2016, 01:10 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Tough time
you certainly have a lot on your plate. just want you to know we hear you and send you positive energy.

our husband has had several surgeries for skin cancer as well.

hope you can get a positive relationship with your new t and that you can find some comfort for inside.
01-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
so sorry silent s, you really have a lot going on! hope it settles down and you can get more peace.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
01-27-2016, 06:09 PM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

Hi all. Thanks for the support. My husband's surgery went well, but he feels really bad. We are exhausted. Not going to work tomorrow. Hoping for sleep.
01-27-2016, 11:44 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Can I ask something without meaning to sound cruel? About the girl who was in the box. Was that her safe place? Would it help if you decorated it and put in a comfy blanket for her? I don't mean this to sound cruel but maybe she has had enough of the here and now. Perhaps some time back in her safe spot would calm things down.

Our Peak is 6. Her safe place is an Amethyst cave. Nobody is allowed in there but her. Two will sit next to it and talk with her but even she is not allowed in. The amethyst is something she created herself after seeing a smaller version in a museum. When she is not doing well she turns her back. Most everyone here has a safe place to go to. Sometimes when they are just coming forward they need encouragement to go to their safe place.

Glad things went well for your husband and you have a good sleep.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-29-2016, 02:37 AM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

No. It was not her safe place. It was a torture chamber of sorts. She was locked in there with all of her horror. Your question is stirring up anxiety although realize you didn't mean anything bad. are working on a different place for her. Will think about safe places.
01-30-2016, 01:28 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
OK that is good. We have a new little and Two is trying to help her. They are building a playroom with rocking chairs and a giant toybox. Paper went back inside but they will go back at it when they come bac out.

Once in the early years we decorated the front room (first ine found) with a bay window, a fish tank and a rocking chair. We could see out window but nobody could see in. Shadow had a closet there but the door stayed open. She slept on the floor with a blanket and felt safe.

These ideas came to us as we sat in quiet and thought about it What we needed would come to us. As we write this Two just told me there will be lots of books in the playroom. She is just learning to read. All of us love books.

whatever works for your new alter, you can make it so. It will not take all of the mess away but it will give her a nice new start in a world that is beautiful.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-30-2016, 04:20 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Tough time
Hi Silent S,

Glad that your husband's surgery went well, but sorry that you are going through a difficult time. We're sending healing thoughts to you and your little.

MDs
02-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tough week for Canada The People 9 5,725 10-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web