We burnt out
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
We burnt out
We have been away for awhile because we ended up burning ourselves out to a point we have never been to before. Had nothing left to give.
Our job, we couldn't get a handle on and was spiraling out of control.
Hated going to work, hated everything about life, huge financial stress, and it just piled up.

So we decided to get another job on top of the job we had. Ya--wasn't thinking all that clearly at the time. We needed more money and a change of pace so we decided to do home care. Now we had to learn this new job and get orientated which caused even more stress.

So we are still working full time at the old job and working part time at the new one. We did drop 2 shifts at the full time job and can still maintain our full time status, which did help alleviate some of the stress there but it was replaced by the stress of the new job. I do think it will get better when we start doing it more.

We are now done our orientation and was supposed to go out on our own this weekend but it didn't happen. There was nothing for us to do I guess. Now we are worried that we won't be getting any hours from this new job-and we dropped the two shift at our full time job so we definitely need something to supplement that pay loss.

Things still feel chaotic even in the calmness. We had such a great plan and as always nothing ever goes as planned.

Got through Xmas which was horrid, and spent a quiet New Years by ourselves. Family issues are still present more than ever, and T issues.....the list goes on and on.
I keep trying to find that light at the end of the tunnel but I can't seem to find it.
Laura
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
01-17-2016, 03:51 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: We burnt out
I am sorry you are having such a difficult time. As for the non-shift weekend perhaps they were giving you a rest before they started piling things onto you. Or perhaps nobody is calling in right now because hey have to play catch up for Christmas so a night off is not in their schedule.

We worked 2 jobs for many years, always in 2 different fields. Once we were a kitchen worker in the evenings There were many upsides to that job which included a free meal and benefits that we hadn't had for years. It was hard. But the busyness seemed to deflect a lot of stuff we weren't ready to deal with yet.

Wishing you the best with this. And with everything. As for quiet Christmas and New Year's Eve, we have had many of those. As we have grown old we found that it is easier to be alone than to go some place just to be with people. here is much less stress for us.

What can you during the in between jobs that will help with that stress? Maybe you can make a plan or a list. Down time isn't just sleeping. It is self care during our waking hours. Good luck.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: We burnt out
we've worked 2-3 part-time jobs for the past decade. it's a great way to ensure you're too tired and stressed to think but can be necessary financially. it's not surprising you're feeling burnt out if you've got so many stressers in your life right now. take care of yourselves and maybe think about which ones you might be able to eliminate or reduce. hang in there! we're listening if you want to talk.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
01-17-2016, 06:21 PM
Find Reply