Hi - Intro
Gim Offline

Threads: 2
Hi - Intro
I am fairly new to D.I.D. Forums.  Not to social media or support groups.  I have been reading and responding on another forum from time to time.  My T shared this website with me a few weeks ago.  

Writing this post has taken me quite awhile to get up the nerve to write.  
I started therapy last March for D.I.D. After being in therapy for 15 years and getting no where.  This T just kind of "happened" upon and has been a heaven sent blessing.  

I am planning on going to the Infinite Mind Conference in Orlando in Feb.  I am very excited and very nervous all in one.

I'm in my 40's and been married for 20+yrs and have a few children.  

There is currently a lot of chaos internally.  I had a window of time where communication went "ok".  Something happened and basically all communication ceased.  

Morning the loss of not being able to go back to work. I will officially loose my job in Feb after the 2 year mark of being on a leave of absence. It began as a work comp injury and then things continued to spiral out of control from there.  I want to work and I want to get out of my house and yet most days it is all I can do to get myself to therapy.

I guess that is enough info for now.
12-31-2015, 06:24 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Hi - Intro
hi Gim, welcome to MM and great that you posted. the first one always seems hard! it's really quiet right now as you may have noticed - holidays are a tough time for many of us, but there are normally a stalwart few who continue to post Smile

the conference sounds really interesting. we've never had the courage/time for something like that but know others have gone to some (e.g. Survivorship).

welcome!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
01-01-2016, 07:12 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
welcome, Gim. we've never heard of Infinite Mind Conference. we hope you will share about it after you have returned.

we hope to get to know you better. welcome!
01-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Hi Gim. Welcome to MM. We absolutely LOVE your avatar! Sorry things have been so hard for you. Glad you were able to post.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
01-01-2016, 04:55 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Hi Gim. Welcome to MM! I hope you stay around. Understand the loss of work thing. I went through it a few years ago.

As for the period of silence isn't it amazing! We long for it and hen it happens it scares us. There could be something ready to show itself, a major player needing a rest... most of us have had periods where we feel as if we have been abandoned. None of us can say that life is boring. Take care. Says one who is trying to push herself out of the house.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Find Reply
Gim Offline

(01-01-2016, 10:06 AM)mosaic Wrote: welcome, Gim.  we've never heard of Infinite Mind Conference.  we hope you will share about it after you have returned.  

we hope to get to know  you better.   welcome!

http://www.aninfinitemind.com/healing-together.html

I read on another forum and it was mentioned there. Several of the members have went and had good experiences.  My therapist mentioned it a month or two ago.  Then I saw thread on it.  

It is basically a one of a kind type of event.  It is in Feb 4-7 over a weekend in Orlando.  

I have been to retreats for moms who have adopted children with mental illness or suffered trauma...actually was on the board of directors of a group until recently.  I am used to being able to "go and meet new people".  But this is something very different for me and I am going without knowing anyone else that will be there.  
~With Brave Wings She Flies
01-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Find Reply
Gim Offline

Shoot...I forgot if I am able to share links in messages here or not.  Hope that was okay with the moderators. If it isn't let me know if I need to take it out.  Sorry if that wasn't ok.  
01-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Leaving links is acceptable in most cases. If they don't meet bylaws they will simply be removed. Not an admin but this sounds acceptable.
01-02-2016, 01:20 AM
Find Reply
FreyasSpirit Offline

Threads: 4
Welcome!

This is the second time we have heard about an infinite mind in the last month.  The first we heard was when Jim Bunkelman was invited after appearing on npr's snap judgement: (tw: some discussion of abuse http://snapjudgment.org/multiplicity).  We would be very curious to hear how it is when you go.

EDIT: added tw
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 03:43 PM by FreyasSpirit.)
01-02-2016, 02:03 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Wish I could be there. Well part of me does. The other part imagines all of the travelling from Western Canada and everything else and know it wouldn't work.
01-02-2016, 04:48 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Gim just watching the people speak is educational. We get to know each other well here in some ways but rarely see each other. Some have shared time together with weekend meetings but it happened in the US and I am in Canada. There is never ever anything like this in Canada.
01-02-2016, 04:58 AM
Find Reply
Gim Offline

The People,
Thanks for the replies. Yes, it should be very educational and hopefully healing. I am having some huge anxiety about going that is for sure. One moment I am looking forward to it and counting down the days. Then the next moment I am soooooo terrified. I think this is the only thing of its kind where survivors and therapist/providers are able to mix together. Everything else, from my knoweldge is all professional based and not geared towards mixing the two worlds.
01-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

There is nothing period here. Even finding professionals who have experience with it is very hard
01-03-2016, 02:15 AM
Find Reply
Silent Society Offline

Threads: 26
Hi Gim. Nice to meet you. Butterflies are very important to us. We like your picture. Inside ones think that with brave wings you will be able to go to the conference and be ok, even if scary. We think you are very brave to think about it.
Silent society
01-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I like that Silent Society!
01-06-2016, 03:25 AM
Find Reply