how is everyone doing
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
how is everyone doing
this time of year can be a challenge - it is for us, anyway.

what things have you found to be helpful to get through your challenging times?
11-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: how is everyone doing
I have old friends who moved to town but with the kids all grown they travel a lot on weekends. I get to look after the 2 dogs and a kitty that Two just loves. Keeps me going.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-30-2015, 04:11 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
it's a tough time of year for us, both emotionally and at work. too much happening..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
12-01-2015, 04:59 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Nats I have a challenge for you. Well 2. Help fill my stocking on TS. Also, choose one thing for you that makes you feel that you are miles away from the too much. A cup of your favourite tea, discovering some new music on You Tube, placing an item in the Christmas Food Hampers... something good that takes away from that too much!
12-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Other/All/Unsure   RE: how is everyone doing
We're struggling as deeply as we were a couple of months ago, but things are still difficult. I am trying. It's hard, but I am trying. Right now Mary (inside) is AWOL, and I need her around to feel stable.

Charity, with Allegra helping
12-07-2015, 05:28 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

We had a very rough day. We spent the weekend with friends pets and then came home to our ugly little place. Before we left friend was talking about gym membership saying it is "only $$" a month. We repeated that it isn't in a budget and we slid from there. Came home and cried about things we couldn't quite put into words.

Then we wrote a letter to the head of the place where we volunteer. The woman is not nice to us at all. She only speaks when she wants us to do something. We tried to help a kid with something one day and an aide took over and did it. Made us feel all crumbly.

Tomorrow we see pdoc but what is the point? We cried all afternoon and no amount of support is going to change that.
12-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Other/All/Unsure   RE: how is everyone doing
We're sorry that you've been struggling, The People. And we hope that the last couple of weeks have been better.

I am worried about the new year. Our birthday is also coming up. These milestones only serve to increase my anxiety about the body getting older, and all the things in our life that aren't the way we want them to be.

Some of our others knew that I was worried even before I did. Even this says something. Undecided

Charity
12-21-2015, 02:02 PM
Website Find Reply