rfeeling frustrated.
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
rfeeling frustrated.
We have had to resort to bubble packing meds when life was going to hell. Became so screwed in the head we wouldn't know whether we had taken them or not. Is 6 am here. Restless night. Slept maybe 4 hours and have somewhere to be in a few hours. As he stomach was getting more and more messy it dawned us to check and see if we took our pills. Nope

One suggestion was to set alarm so that we take them. But we can ignore alarms. Some fight the idea of taking the night ones at a regular time because they might want to stay up that night. We are true night owls. But we have forgotten morning ones as well. And we forget asthma meds which cannot be bubble wrapped. Have thought of putting stickies on he bubbles but never get around to it.

I think some of it is resentment over having to take it. Some of it is just sheer absentmindedness. We just had a thought about moving them next to the bed but they could stand up and dance in front of s and the thought will be "in a minute!" Heavy sigh
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: rfeeling frustrated.
I too sometimes get to a place where the meds are confusing as in "Did I take them or not". I find that having to take the same thing everyday twice a day makes the days all run together and I just can't remember if I did take them, or if that memory is from yesterday. When I get like this I get out the stickies and mark the date and time and the med taken and then just stick it to the med box. There have been a few times when I have gone to take them only to find that the stickie says that they were already taken that morning. Long live stickies!!!
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
11-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
We don't do well with stickies but thanks for the suggestion. It seems that nothing works. At least once, often twice a week we discover a missed dose. Which I guess is better than double dosing.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-28-2015, 01:45 AM
Find Reply
FreyasSpirit Offline

Threads: 4
The mechanism we use is to have google calendar send us a reminder email for both morning and evening meds. If the email is read, it means we have taken our meds, otherwise we have not. We are very fortunate to be on meds where we can take a double dose without any harm so in the rare case where we forget to mark the email as read while taking them, we can just take another set.
11-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Find Reply