forgotten
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
forgotten
I just had a Hallmark/milestone birthday, I turned 50!
No one remembered. My Adult kids forgot, an hubby out of town.
My so called friends, who claim they care, never acknowledged my birthday.
I got no well wishes, no cards, no cake, no presents, no special dinner. Nothing.
Never felt so unloved or unwanted in my life.

I have a sister who remembered, an I am grateful for her. She made the day bearable.
Am I selfish to want someone to acknowledge my existence?
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
10-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: forgotten
Oh no not at ALL selfish! We are So very sorry people did not celebrate your birthday with you Sad
We acknowledge your existence and want to wish you a VERY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
10-25-2015, 12:24 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
not selfish at all. it really hurts when a birthday is forgotten

belatedly we wish you a happy birthday.
10-25-2015, 09:19 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: forgotten
We hear you. You're not selfish for feeling the way you feel.

We wish you a belated happy birthday as well.

MDs
10-25-2015, 09:53 AM
Website Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Thank you
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
10-25-2015, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
happy belated 50th!!!

a lot of people just aren't very nice. it hurts when people we think should care forget or don't bother - happens a lot among our family/friends too. we've started celebrating ourselves on our own, at least till we can find some friends who care more. hope you were able to do something special with your sister and if not, remember you have a whole year to celebrate your birthday!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
10-27-2015, 04:57 AM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Thanks nats. my sister lives two days away, so not possible. When my husband came home, he took me out to dinner.
Hate that only my husband cares, really, not one person who calls me friend. I remember their bdays, but I can't be remembered. It does hurt. Hurts a lot.
11-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I stopped having birthdays.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-14-2015, 12:14 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
we stopped celebrating our b-days with other people..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-14-2015, 05:25 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
You are not selfish - other people are. They selfishly take each other for granted and do not take the time to perform a simple kindness like wishing someone a happy birthday. Part of the issue is that many of us isolate so much that we actually become 'invisible' to those around us, and then they overlook things like birthdays. I understand completely, and I can say that your feelings of being hurt are fully validated. If it is any consolation at all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Do something nice for yourself - give yourself a special treat or buy yourself a little something special because you are important and you are definitely special. Just because others do not recognize how wonderful and unique you are, you yourself KNOW for sure that you are special and unique, so treat yourself to something nice...you deserve it!
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
11-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Find Reply
rainbows Offline

Threads: 8
Hello angel with wings.....
We are SO SORRY this happened !
We believe EVERYONE deserves to be remembered and Celebrated on their Birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !
from rainbows
11-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Thank you for all your support. Greatly appreciated.
11-26-2015, 05:58 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I hope this helped. I said I stopped having birthdays. I meant that I stopped celebrating with most people. We do have an inner celebration although nobody claims the birthday. However, in honour of the day we do pick up some sort of gift for everyone. And this year we had a small, could have been 2 person cake from the gluten free shop. Do what feels right for you.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-28-2015, 01:32 AM
Find Reply