So frustrated
finlyalive Offline

Threads: 6
So frustrated
I have one friend that knows that I have MPD and she hasn't left us. She says she is always there to listen just as we listen to her. But, if we do have something to talk about, it has to be short and once it is discussed, it is supposed to be over. It just doesn't work that way and we can't make her understand that. We appreciate that she tries, but it is so frustrating. Our therapist has no idea how to deal with MPD, but she's giving it her best shop. We have a workbook to work through. There just doesn't seem a way through this puzzle.
Fin

Only as high as I reach, can I grow.
Only as far as I seek, can I go.
Only as deep as I look, can I see.
Only as much as I dream, can I be.
--Karen Ravn
09-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: So frustrated
it can be overwhelming for friends, especially if there is just one, to listen to our stuff on a regular basis. we try to keep things pretty light and general with friends and colleagues, unless we have some way to reciprocate (e.g. if they also have issues to discuss or some way we can support them). with T it should be different and hopefully your T can be a good support.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Find Reply
rainbows Offline

Threads: 8
Friendship/Support  RE: So frustrated
Hiya Fin,
AAGGGGHHHH ! ! ! !   Confused  Just had to yell cuz SOOOO FRUSTRATING !
Our T not only had almost no experience with SRA Multie clients, she would never
even try to learn about how to help us.
Even tho we gave her hard copy information as well as support/teaching websites for Ts.
We finally quit going to her. What was the point ?
O we are Hoping you will have Better outcome with your T.
from rainbows
09-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: So frustrated
I have no idea if this is way off base, but when I was diagnosed and later was having problems understanding myself and relating to the world, I found that reading about DID and books written by people with DID like "First Person Plural" seemed to help me a bit. It let in a little light of understanding. I also gave a book to my then friend to help her understand DID better, and it really improved the way she was able to relate to me. I don't know if this would work for you or not, but sometimes having the other person read a book written by a person who has DID can be very useful. Just a suggestion.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
10-21-2015, 08:13 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
May trigger Frustrated re book The People 1 1,603 06-09-2020, 11:18 PM
Last Post: mosaic
  Frustrated for getting sucked back in. The People 1 2,097 07-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Cammy
  So frustrated & angry because I've regressed Cammy 4 3,307 02-01-2017, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Cammy
Angry Frustrated - sp mentioned but just as settting. The People 1 2,450 08-23-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
  Frustrated and feeling hopeless Tangled Web 2 3,239 04-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web