Resolution
finlyalive Offline

Threads: 6
Question  Resolution
My psychiatrist finally realized that MPD does exist and that it is my diagnosis. So, he referred me to another therapist. I like the therapist and she also believes, but has no idea how to treat it. I have so many questions and no one has answers. Do we just live with the questions and trauma forever? There is no one around here treats it and now my therapist thinks that I would be better served inpatient. I don't want to be inpatient. I've been there and done that. It is worthless. I don't think integration is an option, but they want to be heard. I live alone and there is no one to talk to. Has anyone had any luck with guided imagery? Does it help?
Fin

Only as high as I reach, can I grow.
Only as far as I seek, can I go.
Only as deep as I look, can I see.
Only as much as I dream, can I be.
--Karen Ravn
09-29-2015, 12:15 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Resolution
we gave up on T after several years b/c our T, who was lovely and well-intentioned, was unable to help with multiplicity issues. T is probably the best approach, but it doesn't work for everyone for all sorts of reasons.

what you could maybe do is work with T on the stuff she can help with and find other things that work for you (e.g. through trial and error and asking other multiples as you're doing here) for the things she can't help with. maybe try guided imagery and see if it works for you?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-29-2015, 02:55 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
We use guided imagery sometimes and it helps us. Mostly I use it when I am trying to fall asleep and can't get my mind to shut down. It helps to focus on one thing to relax us enough to be able to sleep.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
09-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Find Reply
FreyasSpirit Offline

Threads: 4
We aren't sure if this is the same thing as guided imagery, but spending time innerworld and innerworld hugs definitely helps calm us. When we aren't doing as well, we like to take an hour to lie in bed and exist in our innerworld. Sometimes this involves just lying calmly in the forest, other times, it's more actively playing, sometimes it's cuddling with each other and talking to each other. We try to spend some time in innerworld each week and at this point, we take not spending enough time innerworld as a signal that things may not be going so well.
10-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Find Reply