Remember me?
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Other/All/Unsure   Remember me?
I cannot remember when I was here last. On the 30th I moved to a new apartment. Yesterday I got abruptly evicted as the apartment has black mold. I was the one who noticed it. I had noted a bad smell when I looked at the place and... log story. I took it anyway. It was a basement ste in a house, probably an illegal one. My last one.

I checked into a hotel. Then today I went to Emergency Services within Social Services and they are paying my hotel until the end of the month to give me time to look around. I am all over the place.

Young Catherine was out a lot yesterday so lots of tears. She always feels like she needs to be the fixer but doesn't have the stamina. Today I am not sure who took over, pushed her out of the way. My hotel is covered until the end of the month. I got a bit of money for food which will be the hardest part. Keeping the meal plan in a decent fashion. I go to look at a place tomorrow at 10:30. Feels like it will not be a good choice based on the fact that the city has been inundated with students this week and it still sits empty. But I have to try.

And eating sh*ttily. I have lost some weight lately and worried that I will put it back on living in a hotel with no cooking facilities. I cannot eat out every meal. I wouldn't want to. I am scared. This will be 6 apartments in 10 years. And BTW I moved out of the last one because of the construction that was going on for 1 1/2 years. Cement building and drills it was like living in a bomb shelter. I don't think I am an easy tenant. I think people rub me raw. I figured this basement ste wold be a good answer and it was a disaster. Will never go that route again. Sad

So I am very overwhelmed.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-05-2015, 02:35 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
Friendship/Support  RE: Remember me?
so sorry you're going through this. constant moving is tough and tiring.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-05-2015, 05:42 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Remember me?
oh man that really stinks. i was so hoping the basement spot would work for you.

i hope you can find a suitable place soon.
09-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
So sorry you are going through this. Hope you find a place you can call home soon.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
09-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I cannot even They thought I was checking out. The fax confirming the room did not go through. I spoke with the emergency person and they confirmed with the desk. It being a long weekend the woman I met with won't be back in her office until Tuesday. This is too stressful.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Remember me?
We're sorry. We hope that you find a new place soon.

MDs
09-06-2015, 11:30 AM
Website Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
I am so sorry that you are trying to manage SO many stressful things at one time. For us, moving is one of our worst things...just moving alone, so I can't imagine what it is like for you to have to deal with all these other problems on top of it all. Sending you warm and comforting thoughts.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
09-13-2015, 10:33 PM
Find Reply