PMDD problems. Help please!!!! Desperate!
Harmony White Offline

Threads: 2
Sad  PMDD problems. Help please!!!! Desperate!
I have Pre-menstrual Disforic Disorder, PMDD. Basically it's like PMS on crack. I suffered from it for 24 years. It's caused suicidality, hallucinations, paranoia, severe depression and more than forty hospitalization. It puts my life on hold for one to two weeks before my menstrual cycle. Now the last couple of months I have had TWO menstruals a month. I've been on many types of birth control pills, the Depo Prevara shot, and implant. As far as I know Lupron is the only approved medication for PMDD, but I am on another medication that counteracts with Lupron. The last Ob-Gyn I went to I begged to have a hysterectomy. He didn't want to do it as I was only 35 at the time. I am now 38 and am soon going to a new doctor as my symptoms are getting worse. I am desperate I just want to have my life back. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? I would greatly appreciate it.
08-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: PMDD problems. Help please!!!! Desperate!
Doctors have no right to make such decisions on your behalf. I live in Canada. A friend I had went through the surgery in her mid-thirties due to endo. This is life threatening for you. Sounds as if you have no plans to have children. Keep fighting for your rights. If you don't have the answers you need after this next appointment contact some sort of medical advocate. Don't give up.

Bring your records with you. Meds you have been on. A list of self harming behaviors you have attempted or completed during these bad weeks. If there is a friend or family member you are close to who can attest to what you are experiencing perhaps they could go with you.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-19-2015, 02:25 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: PMDD problems. Help please!!!! Desperate!
Hi, Harmony,

We agree with The People. If your current doctor isn't helping you, please look for a doctor who can.

Our body age is 53. We have been going through menopause for nearly two years. During this time, our hormonal fluxes have escalated our symptoms to the PMDD realm, we believe. In any event, we empathize with what you're going through, and we hope that you find someone who can help you.

MDs
08-19-2015, 02:32 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sleep problems Dreamscapes Collectives 13 11,294 08-09-2012, 03:49 AM
Last Post: My_horse_is_my_therapist