Yout best get through tricks
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Yout best get through tricks
A lot of us have written about coming home from T feeling raw. Or just getting out of bed feeling raw.What are some little and not so little things that people do that gets their feet back on the ground.

- M&M Peanuts
- A nap in the tub. No you cannot drown by accident.
- Facebook time. The games.
- - Writing poetry. Other stuff we write with hopes of marketing it but the poems are for us. Rhyme seems to help us gain the most control
-Clean 1 thing
=Tetris is good for PTSD which is what DID is IMO, the end of the spectrum.
= I used to visit people but don't know anyone here it works with.

- Our first T got us to keep a scrapbook. We put cartoons and funny cards in it. Jokes and quotes we found. Would flip the bible and pick out a few lines. We would bring it out when we were needing a hug bit couldn't stand to be touched.
-We would tell people here, please don't use the hug sign. We visualize so much that it felt lie a hug. It worked eventually.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-09-2015, 03:47 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Just talking  RE: Yout best get through tricks
We like to play FreeCell to relax. It's no longer a standard part of Windows, so we downloaded what we felt was the best free FreeCell app from the Windows Store. It's very important that the app doesn't have a timer, or has the option to turn off the timer.

One thing we have to be careful of is to not use the game to avoid doing/facing what we need to do.

MDs
07-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Website Find Reply
cew Offline
manyminds

Threads: 8
RE: Yout best get through tricks
colorbs dastardly addictive game
07-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Find Reply