writing poetry
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
writing poetry
Just wanted to say that my alters come forward an write poetry, based on their mood.
But here's the thing, it's always dark or angry. When I say dark, I mean, Gothic like or
Voilent, or death, or any combination of these. I have read some of my poems to T, and he loves them. He says that writing dark helps me express the things that happened and the angry ones let me vent. Sometimes I mix fact with fiction, telling a story of things that happened to me, but the end is pure fiction, never happened.
I don't let anyone read my poems, because of how dark they can be. I know people wouldn't get it an judge me. I don't want people to think bad of me or think I'm evil in some way. So I hide my writing. Currently I have just under 200 of these poems. Can anyone relate?
P. S. I didn't use an icon, because I can't remember what they stand for.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 10:42 PM by angel with wings.)
06-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
RE: writing poetry
I can relate somehow, i don't write poetry most of the time, but i can have plenty of dark thougth, i make plenty of nightmare with violence and etc, and there is clearly lot of dark thing haunting my mind.

Generally i don't express those things, idk why but i prefer that it stay in my head, but i more deal with this with more meditation, but i often like also to watch dark videos, it's like hypnotizing, but it's clear i don't try to express those thing in written or visual form =) sometime i do but i'm not sure if it's really a good thing to do or not ultimately.

I posted some videos a bit like this in this thread :

http://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=1759
06-18-2015, 08:04 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
yes i can relate. we were never as prolific as you, but there was a period in T where we wrote poetry often and it was usually full of pain. maybe not as dark as you describe, but definitely poems that expressed our pain.
06-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Thanks for your comments.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
06-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Writing has been part of our journey from about out third appointment with our first T. It was extremely dark and with the right person the answer was right there staring them in the face. Ah well. But for me it has helped so much, especially the selves who are pretty much non-verbal. Even Two makes up poems now. Better to write the anger than to express it in other ways. Writing is healing. Other ways, not so much.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-19-2015, 01:09 AM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Thanks, and I agree, it is healing. It is also therapeutic. Journaling an poetry are good ways to vent an get things out. No one sees them, but it helps me.
06-24-2015, 10:41 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Doing okay Writing The People 5 3,242 08-20-2017, 02:49 AM
Last Post: The People
  Writing and healing The People 0 1,699 07-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Last Post: The People