The feelings associated with DID?
cew Offline
manyminds

Threads: 8
The feelings associated with DID?
I am frustrated so much of the time. But then there are other times when I am exhilarated. And then there are the times my head hurts and I cry. Don't forget the numbness of total shutdown in freeze mode. Is confusion a feeling?
06-18-2015, 09:22 AM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
RE: The feelings associated with DID?
Is confusion a feeling?

Sometime it looks like a way of life   Cool
06-18-2015, 09:33 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Oh I believe confusion is a feeling. It is one we feel most of the time.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2015, 12:04 PM by Tangled Web.)
06-18-2015, 12:04 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
LOL! It is when you have 5 or 25 or 105 others running around inside of you. For me the changes in feelings often signal a change in self. We had an exhilarating day today. Mostly involving physical activity. I know Katherine Ann was out for it because for her expending energy is exhilarating.For others it is a nuisance. KA beams when she completes a task. She can be competitive but she is 14.

We have Barbara who is sooooo dark when she is out. So much so that Gabriel has taken her under his wing and she seldom shows herself.

When we are in the mood to helpp others and all of the right words fall into place it is most likely me, Catherine. There is little that gives me more joy than seeing others who are happy.

If someone is swearing at you in our head there are most likely teenagers lurking. Enjoy! Wink
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-19-2015, 01:14 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Caution  RE: The feelings associated with DID?
We have a variety of feelings, depending on the specific insider, how active that insider is, and what that insider's history and triggers are.

Example: Recently we replaced our old, broken vertical window blinds with new horizontal ones. We have seven windows in our apartment. The blinds we replaced were for one living-room window and two bedroom windows. The bathroom window already had horizontals, and the row of three windows by the kitchen table has sturdier vertical blinds that don't need replacing.

Anyway, the new blinds are much less bulky because they don't cover the window frames or have a big valance on top. So the rooms seem bigger and more open. We really like the new look and feel. But one of our littles was triggered. emily is six and a half and doesn't come out much. But she didn't feel safe seeing that the window frames were now "naked." So we managed to convince her to look at it as the windows were being "set free" from the old bulky shades. She's not thrilled, but she accepts it.

This probably digresses a bit from the original topic, but it serves to illustrate the diversity of feelings within our system.

MDs
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2015, 11:32 AM by MakersDozn.)
06-19-2015, 11:30 AM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Other/All/Unsure such mixed feelings The People 1 2,043 05-05-2016, 02:03 PM
Last Post: nats
Caution Holding Onto Painful Feelings (Dental Talk) MakersDozn 4 3,816 02-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
  roller coaster of feelings Tangled Web 7 5,048 06-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web
Question feelings Tangled Web 2 2,794 12-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web
Question ? abt feelings Dreamscapes Collectives 3 4,314 08-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Last Post: orek