Sleepy after intense therapy
cew Offline
manyminds

Threads: 8
Sleepy after intense therapy
Does anyone else get super sleepy after intense therapy. I have to come home and crash. Driving home is hard because I feel I could fall asleep behind the wheel. It happens after intense parts work.
06-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Sleepy after intense therapy
Yup! And I find it to be the worst when it is the littles doing the worst. The location of my last T didn't help much but often I would take a time out before heading home. Grounding myself before driving.

Maybe have something tangy in your car to eat/drink before you drive? I have discovered of late that if I have sensory stuff going on a glass of cran grape juice has a positive effect on me. I cannot drink other flavours due to stomach issues and the acidity.

Something that I always tried to do as well is to spend the last few minutes just chatting, no matter how tough the mental workout was. It too is grounding. Talking about everyday stuff and giving internals the opportunity to shuffle around so that there is someone in control who feels in control - in a good way.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
oh yes! we arent in t right now, but we remember those days when we would come home from a session and just want to crash. the people have some good ideas about how to get grounded after intense work.
06-17-2015, 07:57 PM
Find Reply
cew Offline
manyminds

Threads: 8
If possible, I just go with it when I get home and have a nap.
But sometimes I have things to do directly after and I'm not present to fully attend to them. That's frustrating.
06-18-2015, 09:17 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Not so much sleepy, but jumbled and disoriented. It feels like all my selves have been put in a bag and shaken, then poured back. Everyone falls into not quite the right spot, and my host is half in and half out of the seat of power, while someone else is also sitting there. It feels like a jumbly mess to tell you the truth, and it is literally for me an 'unsettling' experience. More often than not, I end up getting a bad headache rather than being sleep after an intense session.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
08-27-2015, 02:14 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy or not therapy, that is the question cew 9 8,393 08-20-2015, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Cammy