T.......
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Question  T.......
Have any of you been asked a question by T and the answer is sitting right front of you-- You know the answer and can see the words and everything but when you open up your mouth......nothing comes out?
That has been happening a lot lately in T. I can't seem to make sense of it. I just end up looking at her, feeling like an idiot with absolutely no words to say. I don't get it and it is frustrating me. No matter how hard I try to answer the questions, knowing it is ridiculous that I can't-nothing comes out of my mouth-all I can do is stare at her and not even tell her I can't speak. It is very frustrating.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-15-2015, 12:06 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: T.......
I don't know about seeing the words but I hear them and they just stay put. I think that for me another alter knows the answer and they aren't ready to share. Go easy on yourself. You are not stupid. We multi people gots us some pretty high IQs so they say Wink
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-15-2015, 01:47 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
when we try to talk about certain topics (i.e. that are sensitive for someone), nothing comes out. absolutely nothing.. go easy on yourselves.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-15-2015, 04:02 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
yeah, it's frustrating. agreeing it's probably someone inside isn't ready to share. and as the others have said, go easy on yourselves. maybe write a note to t explaining to her what is happening when you say nothing so that at least you know she is aware...
06-15-2015, 08:52 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Thanks everyone. It is weird because I don't feel anyone that close by to interfere with this and stop the words from coming out. (doesn't mean it still isn't happening though just because I can't sense someone else) And even though I am able to talk myself into answering the question I will open my mouth to do so and nothing.........
I think maybe I will start with this next time I see her and let her know BEFORE it happens. It just feels weird because I can't explain it and can't predict when it will happen or anything-it is just all of sudden BAM and I am unable to speak. This hasn't ever happened before to me, usually if I have the information or answers I am able to say it. I don't understand why that has changed.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-15-2015, 11:56 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Well saw T today and that didn't happen. We are back to clarifying things once again. It shouldn't be this HARD to keep a connection with someone should it?
Frustrated urrgggggg!
06-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
i know this feeling you describe this well =) you got me thinking on why this happen =) But it's clear it's totally like this, i see the words, i can totally hear them, i can do all the mental effort to structure the sentence and visualize what i want to say, but then saying it it's like my lung would rather choke lol

Sometime even simple things like how are you and i'm trying to figure out how i am, and what's on my mind and it just turn out the same like in the end i'm liked verbally blocked :p

Quickly i'd say it's maybe just simple the fact to retriggr all the memory create already a sort of paralysis or state of confusion in sense of self, and possible social consequences of expressing the memory that could come as a protest against it also in a way, or when then i'm supposed to come up with some kind of judgement on the situation in the same time that i remember it, it can quickly become very distressing and confusing and totally blocking me verbally even if i can frame sentences in my mind, and even polishing them sometime for very long time as to how to express it the more easily, but there is clearly a big step sometime between framing the thought and being able to say it outloud even alone, but even more when it can involve perception that other can have of me through this, and that generally it's expected to have a sort of position or judgement on what happened.

I know it happened to me many time with a friend who helped me when plenty of things were sort of coming out, and even if i could turn the thing in my head 1000 times, it took me month before i could really speak to him about certain things, and it's not matter of trust in him or anything, i always had 100% trust in him, but it's clear the fact to put thing in word it also sort of materialize the fact and 'make it real' in a social context idk.
06-17-2015, 05:37 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

That is EXACTLY what happens to us-great description Smile
i see the words, i can totally hear them, i can do all the mental effort to structure the sentence and visualize what i want to say, but then saying it it's like my lung would rather choke lol.

We still don't know why this happens but there is a huge gap there and we are unable to figure it out. There are no "clues" to go on it is just like lung paralysis. All the air has been sucked out and no sound can be made.
06-17-2015, 11:36 PM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
It remind me of when i make nightmare, and that i want to scream so bad, and i wake up but it's like i'm not screaming but just sort of making weird noise and all my lungs are blocked, it's a bit the same thing but not as strong.
06-18-2015, 06:45 AM
Find Reply