Just musing. I am safe
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
May trigger  Just musing. I am safe
I have been cutting the apron strings from T and PDoc slowly but surely. T gone, PDoc time cut in half by my choice. It does not sit well with anyone. If I had the big C and said enough is enough people might be upset but they would accept. When one has MH issues of any sort everyone goes nuts when the decision is made. I have been at this since 1988. I am tired of expecting miracles. Some people would choose the chemo and others wouldn't with the big C. Why can't it be that way with DID? Especially since there is so little expertise in this area in this city? And I cannot remember when I left an appointment with PDoc or T where I felt like I had at least 1 small AHA second.

No plans for self harm. Just tired. I have to have some connection with PDoc as I am on LTD and she needs to fill out the forms. She knows little about my condition. We rarely touch on the conditions for which I had started seeing her. I go in. Whine for 45 minutes. Get a px and leave. What's the freakin' point?
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Just musing. I am safe
Hearing you.

MDs
06-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

RE: Just musing. I am safe
Thanks MD
06-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
MH does seem to get treated differently than physical health. both seem to involve a system and professionals that assume they know better than the person experiencing the issues. hearing you.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

And here in Canada DID is at the bottom of the ladder. Even professionals acknowledge that. Ts, PDoc etc. don't even get taught about it in school other than breezing over it. Physical doctor acknowledged yesterday that he really doesn't understand what we go through.
06-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
In total complete agreement with you there The People!
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-07-2015, 12:09 AM
Find Reply