Seeing old friends
cew Offline
manyminds

Threads: 8
Question  Seeing old friends
I will soon be visiting with friends from long ago (a reunion of sorts) and am a bit concerned about hearing stories of things I did that I do not remember doing. It's probably going to happen. No one remembers everything, but that's not what I'm talking about. You all know what I'm talking about: those stories of things that you really ought to remember because they are remarkable, even stunning, but you have no accessible memory of them because some other part was involved. That.

Does anyone have tips for handling this in a public setting? I don't think I'm hoping not to be triggered. I will not be drinking alcohol at the function, which will definitely help.
05-31-2015, 06:45 AM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Seeing old friends
Well to me it's kind of thing that there is no real way for that you can be totally normal or have normal reaction with this compared others, you'll necessarily look odd with this kind of things =) Either if you really feel uncomfortable about this, just smile and say it was nothing or divert the discussion toward something else you did that you remember lol Otherwise just assume you have hole and that people have to be aware about that lol
05-31-2015, 06:57 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
we deflect. we've forgotten more than most people remember. we just smile sweetly when asked about something and respond vaguely 'oh yeah, that was great...' then just let them talk while nodding and making affirmative noises. if we're asked about something directly and the rest fails (rare, as most people like to talk about themselves), we just call it early onset senility and ask them to remind us. most of the time we don't know what people are talking about so it's a very practiced art.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
Quote:'oh yeah, that was great...'

The number of time i said something like this ha ha  Big Grin
06-01-2015, 03:20 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Animal friends?? Downtherabbithole 2 2,579 03-21-2014, 12:18 PM