More changes
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
More changes
Yesterday I saw my pdoc. I was feeling very hopeless and just whined through the whole session. As I left I asked myself why I bother with all of this. I need to see her for meds and to keep my LTD going but I go every 2 weeks, I sit and whine and I leave. As I walked back to catch the train home I thought of this. When i got back to my apartment I emailed her stating all of this. Telling her that I will only be going once a month as I see no purpose in more. She is a very nice, kind woman as was my T before her but... nothing is working.I have been crying too much of late.

This morning I thought about a med I started taking several months back for a blip I have in my heart. One of the side effects is potential depression. How does one figure out the difference between emotional and chemically based depression. I am a good candidate for side effects when there is risk. I suppose I should go back to my doctor but there is fear he won't believe me. I tire him out with my arguments against everything he tried to do to help me. But as the song I am listening to just said "I've been there before" with regards to all he tries to offer.

I worry that I leave people thinking that I have given up trying and I sort of have.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
05-27-2015, 10:24 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: More changes
it's hard to know. we try to stay away from meds as much as possible b/c of over-worry that they cause as many problems as they alleviate. however, as we age we'll probably have to change. listening..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-28-2015, 05:24 AM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
What would you do to improve yourself if you stopped therapy ?
05-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Unity we stopped therapy. Purpose of pdoc was to deal with an issue that is mingled with DID issues. Separate because it exists with a lot of monominds but more complex because of the DID. PDoc has no training or expertise in area of DID. Matter of fact all of the Ts and Pdocs that I have seen just learned as they went along. Or didn't learn.

So we will just keep moving. We write. We come here.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2015, 12:55 PM by The People.)
05-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

[Image: 11269490_1630137810565971_85300567993736...e=55C1CEE7]

Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2015, 06:58 PM by Unity.)
05-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Unity something to be aware of on this site is the fact that many people come from SRA or red dot backgrounds where things like inner witch are actually a scary concept due to things related to these issues. Just my opinion.
06-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Yeah well, i've been close to this kind of things to for a while, i know plenty of people who has been in cult and plenty of things, i even have a friend who worked for demiluv in france and infiltrated those things ;-) He is very good at dealing with spiritual mess up etc, he helped me a lot to sort out plenty of things =) But the inner witch it shouldn't be scary, jung also speaks about that kind of things =)

But sometime when you don't know what to do, or how to do it, just can just keep trying things out and hope it works out even if you can never be sure =)  It's the intuitive functions in jung, i guess linked with female side of self, intuition etc =)
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 08:53 AM by Unity.)
06-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
Unity, it is not a question of what you have experienced, it is a matter of being considerate of others who may be triggered by such references. you say it "shouldn't be scary"... that doesn't make it okay to post things that are potential triggers.

please be more considerate about links and things that you post.
06-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Well i don't know what can be potential triggers of everyone, i shouldn't post about witchcraft ? What are the topics that shouldn't be posted about ?

If you want i can remove it Smile

[Image: 1016354_10152451171411968_39937435723698...e=55F628D8]

Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 09:36 AM by Unity.)
06-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Unity,
We don't expect you to know what will trigger everyone-witch craft is definitely something you shouldn't post about because of the "POTENTIAL" to trigger. Also posting about SRA groups names and cult stuff is definitely triggering material so please refrain from doing so. We try to support people here and respect and validate what they have gone through. Telling someone they shouldn't feel a certain way does not offer any kind of support to that person, in fact it invalidates them-which is something I think we ALL have had enough of in our lives. Do you understand?
Laura
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 07:55 PM by Tangled Web.)
06-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

Well i can understand how some people can be made to have a negative image of something through cult or indoctrination and that they can feel scared about something because of the effect of the mind control.

I have been a bit through this myself some years ago, i was not very well in my mind, and taken into some kind of cultic like indoctrination, it took me some time to sort everything back in my head, and to understand how all cult or indoctrination can mess someone up, i know this =) I have seen many people going in very bad state because of this, actually the first time i looked seriously  into dissociation is when i went a bit off this kind of environment.

That said, as they say in cognitive therapy for this kind of things, need to analyze also the real threat that is associated with the thought, and specially in case of spiritual like indoctrination it can have very bad effect, but in the same time, it's not something that is very dangerous, it's more what i meant by it, but that people can be made to be scared of things or having been under psychological pressure or other twisted situation that can lead them to have bad reaction to this, i can totally understand =)

I can find some article to sort out this kind of issues with christian or budhist/neo budhist kind of cult, during a time i wrote some article about how cults use psychology and all kind of things to manipulate people =)
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 08:18 PM by Unity.)
06-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

You need to understand that even though you have a right to your thoughts and beliefs that not everyone is at the same place as you in their journey. CBT doesn't necessarily work for everyone. The message I am trying so very hard to get across here is that you need to find ways to support people here without trying to put your beliefs onto them and accept the place they might be at in their journey, it is NOT the place you are coming from. Be respectful and considerate of that as mosaic has already stated please. Also red dot stuff belongs on the Intensity Height board ONLY. Not here.
Laura
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-03-2015, 08:42 PM
Find Reply
Unity Offline

I  don't have specially any belief system =) CBT doesn't work for everything, for me it worked for this because i have not been involved that much into deep cult thing, just been a bit close to this for a while, i used a bit of cbt and other things to sort out all these anormal reaction i had with being in cults and all this, but it was  because it was mostly on cognitive level, it was not ptsd kind of level, but yes no problem with that, but in the same time everyone is also here to evolve =) But yes ok i'll be careful with this kind of references Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2015, 08:48 PM by Unity.)
06-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Well maybe not everyone is here to evolve. That might be your perception but not everyone elses. But thank you for being more careful with this kind of subject.
06-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Find Reply