Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to understand dissociative disorder - Unity - 05-25-2015, 07:57 AM
Trying to understand dissociative disorder
Unity Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Trying to understand dissociative disorder
Regarding therapy, well i already thought about this, about one year ago i started to get into cognitive therapy kind of things, and there are auto evaluation sheets that looks like emotional diary, and from there, trying to figure out the kind of thought that are present that can create this reaction, it's based on the principle that lot of emotional disorder or unwanted emotion, or automatic thought, panic attack etc are caused by a negative approach on life, or some cognitive bias, that is more or less aquired during childhood, and examining what kind of though create negative emotions and how to replace those thought by some other that do not create negative emotions.

Well i found this efficient to deal with already tons of things, but when i started to do this, it's clear that there is some peaks of negative emotions associated with specific things, and it's not exactly of cognitive origin, or doing this kind of work to focus on the though that trigger the emotion seems rather difficult, like my brain block or is reluctant to really do this, and i guess cognitive therapy is rather useless for this, in the same time it's also close to budhist practice of zen and observing one own thoughts to analyze one own brain process, but it's when i started to want to do this that also i was pretty scared to go see a therapist because i was very destabilizing for me, and my brain didn't seem to be able to really put this in a form that would be productive for therapy, and i'd rather avoid having to go on drug as well.

Well i've seen psy before, i'm not sure at which degree it can really help, i guess there is no miracle solution anyway :p The psy never really got rid of dreams or other things.

Well for the moment i just try to avoid triggering things, but in the same time it's still something i feel i need to look into at some point.
05-25-2015, 07:57 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to understand dissociative disorder - Unity - 05-25-2015, 07:57 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Family drama, they just don't understand. Downtherabbithole 1 2,311 05-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: nats