Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to understand dissociative disorder - Tangled Web - 05-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Trying to understand dissociative disorder
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Trying to understand dissociative disorder
Hi Unity. I think people experience dissociation differently depending on your circumstances. I can relate to some of things you have stated and I can easily zone out/black out when I am tired. For me it takes an incredible amount energy to keep everything under control and functioning as best I can but when I am tired I don't have that energy so things can get a little dicey. I can really identify with this statement you made.........it's like micro nightmare of 5 sec where i feel totally elsewhere and in state of total terror and then i open my eyes back like if i woke up but i was not really asleep just sort of zoning out and vaguely thinking about unrelated things.
I call those my puzzle pieces, but usually I am to afraid to look at them so I try to push them away and shrug them off which usually isn't hard because as soon as they come they go when I feel that type of fear. It is when they linger that causes a problem for me.

I hope you can find some answers.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
05-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trying to understand dissociative disorder - Tangled Web - 05-24-2015, 12:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Family drama, they just don't understand. Downtherabbithole 1 2,311 05-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Last Post: nats