Finally settling down - and letter to T
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Caution  Finally settling down - and letter to T
We had a really rough couple of weeks with easter book ended by 2 memorial services. Both sudden, not close to either. Long stories. Other commotions too. Fight with people who send us money. They see it as perfectly acceptable to send it 5 days late when cheque day lands on a holiday. Even with auto deposit and all that is out there. Spent hours fighting with people. And teens were "handling it". Asked @sshole of a front line person if he would like to pay for T as we were on our way there. He said no. We asked if he got paid on time when there was a holiday and he told us we were butting into his business. Was told it was the universal you and he still wouldn't answer. What right do they have? And agency we worked for that allowed this portion of income has changed companies so they are no help. New ED wouldn't even try.

Anyway, after getting lots of sleep in 24 hours someone went inside. I was awakened by someone calling from my buzzer. "Weren't you coming Tuesday?" "It is Tuesday." The old "When you don't work..." line covered that but I vaguely remembered Monday after that. She had her toddler with her and child awakened as we talked. Beautiful! Two was sad that we couldn't hold her but at the strange making age.

We had meds for cats sitting in cupboard. Someone decided that it didn't break the internal rule of no stockpiling as they were not prescribed by PDoc. Today we boxed them up and took them to her. Could have taken them to a pharmacy but this way whoever was playing that game was made aware that it was over. There were prozac for one cat and thyroid pills for the other (no longer with us). Felt good to do that. And we did some community service that really wasn't in the budget but sometimes I just have to give to feel good about myself.

And the letter to T. Things went well for a long time but of late we have been all over the map. So we told her that. And brought up the fact that she appeared to be falling asleep sometimes and we worry that we take too much of her energy. T is a side job for her and her main job is a lot of work. Plus 3 kids at home. Asked that she let us know if we are too much. This was a hard letter to write as we do like her. And we said that. But we feel stuck and need help with that.

I highly recommend that others who feel stuck take a break from T/PDoc. Doesn't have to be six months. Just letting them know that a week off to let things settle is needed. If there is a good relationship and not on the verge of SI it should not be an issue.

Just thought I would share this.

Catherine who need another nap.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Finally settling down - and letter to T
I agree taking a break from T might be a good idea. We are entertaining that idea as we speak. Not just a week maybe a month..........dunno yet but thinking on it.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
04-14-2015, 10:40 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Finally settling down - and letter to T
We have done the month thing as well. And this is actually 2 weeks as we alternate week with pdoc and week with T. Sometimes we need to move away from the crutches to see if we still need them, if we need to switch the angles and which we hold onto them. And sometimes the head just needs a break to colour or walk or just veg. It doesn't have to be a bad thing. What i do hate is when they reply "yes you can take the week off" as if it is their decision. Beeping rest of reply as teen is trying to step in. Potty mouthed bunch that they are! Wink
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-15-2015, 01:46 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Other/All/Unsure Letter to family The People 2 2,437 01-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn