No internal space??
Blue Offline

Threads: 24
Question  No internal space??
I've gotten the impression from some of the posts on here that some systems don't seem to actually have an internal space where insiders congregate??
I've not heard of this before and would be interested in hearing more about it.
Thanks.
"The human spirit can and will withstand n overcome anythin"
04-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: No internal space??
We have space but except for a few who did congregate prior to dx. They left. We have a large castle where everybody has their own hidey hole. Some will meet up and there is one area where 4-5 live together. Many don't even share where their hiding place is. There is a common room but it is mostly where the littles go for inner bigs to look after them when they are having a bad day.

There is a n annex next to the castle. all red dot kids, a few bigs who are internal who look after them. They don't mix with us. On;y come out t night. A few told their story but go back to their area.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-11-2015, 03:46 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
there is some kind of a space, but those of us who deal with the outside world are mostly cut-off from it.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
04-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Find Reply
cew Offline
manyminds

Threads: 8
that sounds familiar, nats. I am certain there is an internal space, but I and others who deal with the outside world have only had the briefest glimpses. in therapy, we're getting a little more information, but not much. as for congregating, connecting, gathering, etc. on the inside...that's sort of the problem, isn't it? finding ways for that to happen and for the mostly fronters to know about it.
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2015, 06:06 PM by cew.)
04-14-2015, 06:05 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Two seems to be our best window to the inside world. She knows who is who more than anyone. What they are up to, why they came, who is stirring things up... This makes sense as she was here first and would have watched the others arrive. Her age and her cognitive awareness are miles apart. She still likes her kitty and little kid things but she also likes to makes comments on who is doing what. Sometimes she watches others and we see them with her. Co-consciousness perhaps.
04-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Find Reply
Blue Offline

Threads: 24
Our system seems v different from this. We have an internal space everyone shares, apart from 1 person who doesn't like to be around others. But there are different "rooms". We also have a space we refer to as "the abyss" because if anyone goes there, there's literally nothing there and the person who enters it is unaware of anything going on until they come back out.
"The human spirit can and will withstand n overcome anythin"
04-16-2015, 06:47 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Just talking  RE: No internal space??
We have an internal world. It's like a country estate. One of these days (yes, we keep saying this), we'll get our website up and running again so we can share more details.

MDs
04-18-2015, 03:56 PM
Website Find Reply
cew Offline
manyminds

Threads: 8
MD, a country estate! Wonderful! Are you really working on a website? I'd be interested in visiting that.
04-29-2015, 06:28 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: No internal space??
Thanks. The website was actually up for about 13 years. We decided to re-vamp it, but then some other things happened, most notably our father becoming ill in the spring of 2010. We had a large role in taking care of him until he passed away at the end of last September. Then we had to help sort out the estate. Hopefully we'll be able to get back to working on the website during the coming months.

MDs
04-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Website Find Reply
puzzle Offline

Threads: 5
I am new to MM. I am just looking for people who experience the same feelings, frustrations, and fears as I do. I was diagnosed two years ago and have finally gained a little control. We have an internal space as well. It is a castle with very special "rooms". In the second year of my diagnosis, I was granted access to the castle. I have rendered a drawing of it and I keep it with my diaries so I can access it anytime. I do not know if learning about the internal space as quickly as I did is normal but that is my experience.
05-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: No internal space??
Welcome to the forums, puzzle. We hope that you like it here.

It's interesting that castles seem to be a common structure in system worlds. We'd love to know what it is about castles that people find so meaningful.

MDs
05-02-2015, 06:56 PM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Castles to us are magical in a sense. They have secret tunnels and passage ways and defenses hidden within there walls. They are strong and protecting and guarded. They can hold deepest darkest secrets down in the dungeons away from everyone and can contain many different levels. They also hold a beauty and protect the innocence of the younger ones. Beauty can appear in gardens and the landscapes within the walls of the castle can be breath taking. That is how our castle is to us.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
(This post was last modified: 05-03-2015, 04:06 PM by Tangled Web.)
05-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
agreeing with TW, the thing about castles is they are designed to be beautiful but also heavily fortified on the outside so we can choose who might go in or out..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-03-2015, 05:49 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: No internal space??
That makes sense. And it's probably also one of the reasons that people found the "Harry Potter" series so appealing.

Our inner world does have a network of underground tunnels which connect a cave and various outbuildings. They don't connect to the main house. This is because we've always kept the main house separated from the darkness that the tunnel system represents.

MDs
05-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

Blue I remember one time when T wasn't available and we were in bad space. Early on in dx territory. We spoke with a woman who knew stuff about DID and she suggested that we add things to the room that would help us calm down.

Eeryone who is multie has an inner space because they created it. Sort of like building a room in the attic for the oldest teenager IRL only it can happen at your pace and costs nothing LOL. If you could have any space you wanted what would it look like? An estate like MD? A cottage by a lake with extra rooms that everyone gets to decorate on their own? You could draw it out or do some meditating or however you want to do it. Your space your way.
05-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Scared Internal battle over therapy 57thomas 6 5,843 04-29-2015, 06:33 AM
Last Post: cew
Other/All/Unsure Internal Communication (or Lack Thereof) MakersDozn 3 3,440 07-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Last Post: MakersDozn
  Internal battle canucklady1971 3 3,029 06-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Last Post: nats
  Internal family systems theory? weberr13 8 7,671 09-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Last Post: elizabeth