Moral issue
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Question  Moral issue
If you were on an income where you had to report any extra $$ that comes in would you run the risk of making out of country income where it isn't reported to anyone? Especially if you were barely getting by? I turn 60 this year. Have almost nothing put away for retirement and I don't know how I will survive. My biggest fear in life is becoming a bag lady, living in a fridge box and sleeping on the streets.

I try very hard to live to my belief of being honest at all times.Thus far I am stuck. Do I live a lie or start looking for a fridge box? A woman who is a friend said she was going to leave me her condo but that could be a while.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 11:53 PM by The People.)
02-05-2018, 11:46 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Moral issue
it's not something anyone else has a right to advise you on. fundamentally, we all have to take care of ourselves and do what works for us based on what doesn't hurt others and we're comfortable with. do what you think is best in the situation and that you can justify to yourself. you have great instincts.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-06-2018, 06:31 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Yes, it has irked me so much I decided to let it go. T said the gov't can find you anyway. Thanks for reinforcing my feelings Nats, even if you didn't know it. We need to be able to live with ourselves instead of living in this world.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-09-2018, 04:00 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
yes, we need to be able to live with ourselves because we can't leave ourselves behind if things get ugly Smile glad you're comfortable with your choice!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-09-2018, 01:57 PM
Find Reply