I feel very lost
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  I feel very lost
This has been my second home for so long with breaks here and there. We haven't always been the best behaved but we tried hard to be a good team member most of the time. I feel like the place is slipping away. I try to start chats with maybe one or two responses. Used to be that a conversation could last a whole page with a dozen people involved. Sometimes there were verbal scuffles but meiaors woul step in and everyone would move on.

Now there is almost nothing. Maybe I am trying too hard or what I have to say has no interest for anyone else. I just feel lost.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-22-2015, 03:56 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: I feel very lost
We have very similar feelings. No answers, but we do empathize.

MDs
03-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

RE: I feel very lost
Thanks MD. So hard isn't it. That feeling of powerlessness. I wish I had more money or more computer skills so that I could help in some way. I wish some of the people who disappeared would come back although I understand that some folks need to move on to move forward. Doesn't mean I don't miss them.
03-22-2015, 11:56 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
Sad  RE: I feel very lost
somewhere in the quiet MM has died... something that was truly wonderful and a meaningful way of connecting for so many of us no longer exists. all that seems left is for we last stragglers to mourn..... very sad
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2015, 05:13 PM by nats.)
03-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

That is how I feel Nats. But I truly believe that part of it is that it is time to rearrange the place. Not the boards etc but the specific pages. And the problem is 1) nobody has time to make the changes as the people with the skills don't have lives away from here. 2) There is not much to keep the new people coming back. Our structure is good but our involvement of people, not so much. I come here some days and not one person has made a comment on anything. It is not encouraging for people who want to dive in. The pool is too shallow.
(This post was last modified: 03-29-2015, 03:50 AM by The People.)
03-25-2015, 12:29 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
you're right. as site managers we know the problems. we don't have time/resources to fix them. it would require a lot more people with relevant skills helping out. we had all hoped the revamp a few years ago would help but it was too little too late.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-25-2015, 04:24 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

We do have the odd person checking in but they don't come back. I think that it is the silence of the boards. I think I found DH now MM in 1993. I can remember all of the people here, and so many things shared. People felt safe enough to ask question about just about anything.

So what are the Admin people looking at doing? Should I pursue the letter writing? Can people dig through their support system list and see if they can find someone who can do techy stuff? Invite some of the old people back just to revamp? Or is there talk of having one last party and close the place up?
03-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Lost it The People 2 2,526 06-12-2015, 03:03 AM
Last Post: The People
Other/All/Unsure lost Tangled Web 7 4,830 03-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web