Letter Part II
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Letter Part II
How much to ask for and

Plans for Donations
* Basic upkeep of the site is our first priority. At present we depend on donations from members. For many this is difficult as some are on Limited Income and most have to pay for their own therapy.

* We would like to develop a better promotion format so that other people with DID who are living in isolation can become aware of our unique site. Those of us who are members for any length of time keep coming back because we feel accepted here, nobody thinks our questions are stupid and we don't have to check in a specific number of times to remain a member. It doesn't matter if we have a good day or bad we are accepted. Nobody ever tells us to pick up our socks and move on.
03-12-2015, 01:09 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Letter Part II
hi People,
thanks for taking the initiative on this.

to add, for discussion/consideration, any potential funder is going to want to know how much we're asking for, how we plan to spend it, whether we have capacity to manage the funds appropriately, and what makes us a better investment than other organisations who are asking.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-12-2015, 06:03 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Yes that is why I started this here. I should have explained that I started the list here so that people could add/recommend changes etc. One part is what we offer and what part is for what we would do with the funs. I did leave a note for admins but I will add something up top explaining more clearly that I would like input on the lists. IMO Admin will have the last word on the letter before it goes out. Thanks Nats
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-12-2015, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi People,
yes, saw your email. thanks. agree that it would be great if others engaged with this and gave inputs. once everyone has had a chance to contribute, and the community is happy with the letter, site management can step up to finalise and send.

just to clarify, of the 5 current members of the management team, 3 are US-based, 1 in Canada, and 1 in UK. the reason MM is incorporated in the US is historical, as the original founders were American.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-13-2015, 04:43 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Letter Part II
Many thanks to The People for all your hard work on this.

We're a bit short of sleep, so we're kind of fried right now, but we promise to respond in more depth over the weekend.

MDs
03-13-2015, 05:54 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

That is what I am hoping, especially in the areas of money management and how it will be spent.
03-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Feedback  RE: Letter Part II
mosaic is MM's treasurer and can speak to the specifics of expenses. Certainly there are expenses involved for domain name renewal and for site hosting. To our knowledge, there are no costs for using the MyBB forum platform, but we'll need mosaic or our techies to confirm this.

MDs
03-15-2015, 05:13 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

Perhaps we can reach for the top. Request money to make the site more findable when people do a search. I would do a search on that but have no recollection as to what it is called. If Mosaic is our banker she will most likely have to add the costs in as well as an indication of her experience with such things. All I would be able to say about myself is that I can write a cheque.
03-16-2015, 12:56 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's Make a List - Letter Part I The People 2 2,667 03-16-2015, 01:06 AM
Last Post: The People
News/Information Re Letter - 2 parts - Please help The People 0 1,398 03-12-2015, 08:36 PM
Caution letter from friend angel with wings 5 4,504 07-31-2014, 11:03 PM
Question For those who have been part of the book discussion can you please check in.. The People 0 2,056 09-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Just talking Part of a NYC day tweeter 10 10,192 09-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Last Post: nats