Messages In This Thread
RE: Totally at odds with T last night Sp mentioned - orek - 02-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Totally at odds with T last night Sp mentioned
orek Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Totally at odds with T last night Sp mentioned
I'm so sorry, People. It sounds as if your T just wasn't hearing you, let alone offering ideas on how to make small steps toward a more interactive and supportive social life. I'm more an introvert, but even with that AND a supportive spouse, I often feel isolated and lonely. I can't imagine being an extrovert living alone (cat excepted) and not having those needs met on top of just the basic human need for contact and connection. Just accept it for this life?? WTF? I can see trying to help you be in the "now" and learning to love yourself even WHILE working toward meeting your very understandable social desires and needs.

I wonder if there is some group in your area you could join, just as a small step toward more interaction, like a non-church choral group or book club or something. Maybe even volunteering somewhere in an area of interest might help you connect with like-minded people. I don't know if any of that would help, but baby steps are more tangible and attainable. Maybe you or others could think of other ones.

I hope you can express to your T how you feel and re-connect with her.
02-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Totally at odds with T last night Sp mentioned - orek - 02-28-2015, 12:40 PM