Messages In This Thread
RE: poly-fragmented vs. "traditional" DID - Melodie - 08-05-2016, 04:17 PM
poly-fragmented vs. "traditional" DID
Melodie Offline

Threads: 0
RE: poly-fragmented vs. "traditional" DID
Hi, I am a year late to this conversation but I'm very grateful that it is here. I too have polyfragmentation and can relate to a lot of what is posted here. Like not feeling like I quite fit in with the 'traditional' DID groups. I don't think the actual number of parts is a determining factor of whether one has polyfragmentation, I think it's more of a consequence of a certain kind of abuse. In my own case I feel like it happened that way because of torture abuse as a very small child by a parent. With torture I felt like I had to keep splitting very fast [like every second] to try and get away from the pain, so these splits were not about creating different identities but were more about creating different realities or timelines or something ...

I do have some other more traditional splits but the majority is fragments within fragments within fragments and yes, they seem to very much come and go and only appear maybe once or twice etc. I have tried mapping my system but that never works because I would need a very complicated moving 3-d model to do it and even then I wouldn't come close.

So thank you for all your posts from a year ago. It helps to feel validated.
08-05-2016, 04:17 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: poly-fragmented vs. "traditional" DID - Melodie - 08-05-2016, 04:17 PM