Kitty
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Kitty
My baby kitty is still not doing well. Scrolling for kitty gross.

Yesterday there were more wet sheets. Today there were huge hairballs. She got sick again this afternoon but they were doing work on the tub and I felt sick too. Had a reaction. So it could be that. She hasn't brought up hair balls in a long time. Since we used to give her treats that were supposed to help control them. Maybe it just caused them to pile up?
01-22-2015, 12:17 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Kitty
Wet sheets? Was she incontinent, you mean? If she's old, this does happen, but it could also be a sign of a UTI. Is this the same kitty you thought was dying then discovered it was an allergy, Two's special kitty? And as far as the hairball, as I understood it, the time to worry is when there are no hairballs because that may mean there is blockage of sorts, especially if she's also throwing up her food. But hairballs are perfectly normal. How else are they to process all the fur they swallow with bathing? Maybe there's something else going on I'm unaware of, but if she's only throwing up hairballs, I wouldn't imagine that's a bad thing. But if you're concerned check with your vet. I'm sure the bills are piling up, but you know your kitty best, and if your gut is worried, then I'd honor that and follow up. I guess the anxiety you feel could be Two's normal childish concern, which may not be based on facts but on her own uncomprehending fears. Man, it's hard. I love living with animals, but it sure sucks when they are sick or worse. I sure hope she's okay.
01-23-2015, 02:48 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Kitty
I am thinking that, since the bed wetting came not long before the hair ball maybe they were related. We have had a good few days. She is horrible at the Vet so it is not worth taking her in. Also, she is heading to 16 and as you said some of it is with age. She is losing some weight which also comes with age. But she has been good, and in good spirits over the past few days. TY Smile
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad my kitty mt mosaic 5 3,366 05-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Last Post: nats
Sad May be sending kitty back The People 5 3,681 01-28-2017, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Cammy
Sad New kitty is gone The People 4 3,715 08-15-2015, 09:25 PM
Last Post: The People
Caution kitty and voice The People 0 1,517 03-09-2015, 07:10 PM