How does one keep believing
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: How does one keep believing
Last Sunday after all of the world rucus we chose to go to church. It was our first tie in months. We went to a small one tha was later in the day and closer to home. We lucked out. The pastor is First Nations (Native) and it was the week that he had a service that mixes the two cultures. He did smudging and everything. here is something so amazing in that service. Different from the old Catholic Holy Water,
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-20-2015, 10:28 PM
Find Reply
rainbows Offline

Threads: 8
Friendship/Support  RE: How does one keep believing
Hiya The People,
We are Glad you got to go.
And that it was a Good Thing for yous.
from rainbows
11-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
For me/us the idea of spiritual warfare has helped us keep believing as has the idea that if there is a war between god and some other force then God may not have the full absolute control everyone seems to think he does. War implies that someone or something else is trying to take control, i am not saying this is the answer for everyone just that it has helped us. before we came across this idea we used to wonder why god allowed us to be adopted into a foo like we have. now we think maybe the people in charge of the adotion place were effected by those the resistance side of the war to a point that made it hard for god to get a message through. like maybe God's enemies jammed all singals as it were.

I argue with god as well and ive seen some stuff fixed as a result (not everything by far).Still, if 2 needs a buddy to join her, or someone to mentor her, i would be happy to share my story what approaches have worked/havent for me. and what i have learned in the process with the adults in your system and they could relay any bits they think would be useful to her.and if she has questions the adults could pass them back to me. or more simply if 2 just wants the prayer requests she has ( via one of your adults. I would never i presume to directly talk to a child i don't know) would be happy to join her in kicking at gods door.

there are 2 books in particular that have helped us with the struggle to hold on to faith. if you want the titles just ask here or in a private message here on mm. i dont want to come across like im throwing bandaids at anyone. the books may have just been what i needed which is why i'm not posting the names here
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
04-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Find Reply
argent Offline

Threads: 5
It's the toughest question for me, also, why did I have to suffer, continue to suffer? What kind of God allows the abusers to walk this earth? I keep hanging onto hope and keep trying to learn and follow my heart on my spiritual journey. Oddly enough, like The People, I went to church for the first time in forever and I liked it. A small, simple country church. We like the people there and the pastor is old and wise.
04-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Rainbows I am sorry you are in a lot of pain. Yet happy that you still hold onto your faith. I just reread this. I remembered the story of Martha and Mary. Not a big big bible reader but just now I thought of the story of Martha and Mary. I think I am Martha. I am a doer. When I do things I feel like I am part of God's work. It is when I feel God being close to me. And I am not even focused on him. I am focused on others.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Find Reply