Haven't given up
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Haven't given up
When I first moved here I decided I would start a self help group for multies as there is little support and too much isolation. I had to put it away due to health issues but I talked about my family doctor today. He has given me a bit of direction re who to go to for advice. Still not a guarantee but it is a start. I find it so difficult right now re loneliness and decided once again to try and get something going. However, before professionals will refer people other professionals will need to be involved. I don't want to just put an ad in kijiji or something.
11-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Haven't given up
You could look for people on twitter or most professionals have websites that have email addresses to them if you search therapists. Those might be some ideas.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
11-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Haven't given up
Thanks for the suggestion. There are a series of support clinics in the city, one of which is in the one housing my doctor's office. He suggested that I start there. If I try to do it on my own it will carry no weight. My wonderful doctor is fully supportive and told me to let the support network know that.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Friendship/Support  RE: Haven't given up
Good luck with that, The People. That sounds great. I often think I'd benefit from a support group. I don't know if there's anything in my area, but I've never heard of one going, nor has my last T or current one mentioned one. I worry about privacy, too, but I've been thinking more about it again--though I know my current T has 3 or 4 other multis in her practice, and that might be weird being in the same support group with one/some of them. Oh well, just thinking out loud. Hope it works out for you!
11-16-2014, 02:40 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Just talking I haven't checked in here for years skittles 8 5,047 11-13-2017, 12:18 AM
Last Post: The People
Just talking Howdy, haven't forgotten how to get here! Elizabethn 5 5,030 08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Happy I haven't been here forever... CaraEtc 15 14,017 07-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Last Post: prideland