money issues
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
money issues
So we have been getting increasingly stressed out over the piling money issues. I have tried so hard to get things under control but it just feels like I am fighting a losing battle.
I have been thinking about getting another job on top of the full time job I already have-I don't see any other solution. Bankruptcy is not an option for me right now. I just don't know if I can do it. I don't know if I can manage 2 jobs when I give so much of myself at my current job. So right now I go back and forth inside my head whether or not I should do that. I don't want to have to start something and then quit because I can't do it but I won't know if I can do it unless I start it. Then there is the fact that the snow will start to fly soon and the driving I will have to do........Then should I get snow tires for my car? But then that is money related. So many things have filled up my head and I can't think of anything else. I don't know how I let things get so bad but they are and with the xmas season starting and having to renew to my licences-car and nsg.........I just never seem to catch a break.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
11-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: money issues
sorry you're going thru this. money is always an awful struggle. we've normally worked 2-3 part-time rather than one fulltime job, for various reasons including money. what kind of second job were you thinking about?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Well I am going to apply to do home health care because of the flexible hours it will allow me to work around my full time schedule-less money in it but it will save me on stress on trying to switch shifts I already have.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
11-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
that sounds sensible. the most important thing about a second job is that it can fit around the first and brings in enough to be worth the extra effort.

the other thing to think about systematically is where you can cut expenses, at least for awhile. there are always things that can be cut or reduced if you look through systematically (e.g. we have no tv, car, or gym membership), though you may choose not to cut certain things!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-09-2014, 04:39 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I worked 2 jobs until I was in my 40s and if it doesn't suck the life out of you it is a good solution. 2 recommendations. 1) Look for a second job that is flexible and doesn't resemble the f/t one if at all possible. 2) Once the 2nd job is in place sit down with T or someone else to help you work out a budget so that a teen or someone doesn't decide that it is play time. Wish I had done that.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-10-2014, 04:40 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Thanks The People the first one is what I have been planning on doing and the second suggestion is a great idea because that is what has gotten me in this mess to begin with. I don't know-well I can't hold onto money anymore these days and I just keep going deeper in debt.
TW
11-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Once a person steps into that bit of sand it quickly becomes quicksand. And it is very overwhelming. I have been pretty much out of debt twice and after getting sick I just slip further and further into it. As I am not working a 'second job' isn't an answer. But good luck with your situation. I found that having someone help me last time made a huge difference. I combined all of my debt with LOC and paid that off. Got rid of all but 1 credit card (hard to do some things without plastic but they sure trick you into overspending) Good luck.
11-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: money issues
We struggled with debt about 15 years ago and signed up for one of those debt reduction programs before they were common. It took us about four years to get through.

Not suggesting this as the solution for you; in fact we don't really have much to offer besides empathy. We hope that your situation improves soon.

MDs
11-13-2014, 11:33 AM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Thanks so do we.
11-13-2014, 05:09 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Tangled Web how is the job search going? We would have liked to pick up a small job to pay for Christmas but my disability insurance takes back every dollar I make. Sucks.
11-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Not so good actually. It looks like we are going to have to do a consumer proposal I think.
Thanks for asking.
When we were on disability we were allowed to make some money without them taking them all--it sucks they would take it all from you.
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2014, 12:04 AM by Tangled Web.)
11-30-2014, 12:03 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Feel that, Tangled. I'm so sorry.
11-30-2014, 01:49 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Doing okay I wonder if mine could smuggle me some money? The People 0 1,538 10-24-2013, 12:18 PM
Last Post: The People