TV SLammed us again
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
TV SLammed us again
I forget what show I was watching but there was a mentally ill man in it. The guy had bi-polar disorder and they wanted to put him on the psych ward. Woman's response?

"I've been to these wards. They are filled with people with Schizophrenia and Dissociative Identity Disorder. Not knocking BPD but I have seen people in truly manic states. One guy flew to Hawaii and called his wife from there. A woman would get so angry she would try to break out windows in the psych ward (pre-dx)And on and on and on.

Makes me angry. Makes me sad.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
RE: TV SLammed us again
its why its so hard for us to tell people about us, they immediately judge us by what tv has portrayed us as. makes me mad too.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
09-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
(09-05-2014, 10:11 AM)angel with wings Wrote: its why its so hard for us to tell people about us, they immediately judge us by what tv has portrayed us as. makes me mad too.

I like that, "beautiful disaster." Also love the snow leopard cub pic.

You'd think people would get that T.V. always portrays the dramatic and extremes. That's what grabs viewers. But they don't seem to connect the dots on that. I dread the day they make a reality T.V. show out of DID sufferers. I can see it happening.....
09-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
(09-07-2014, 09:15 PM)orek Wrote:
(09-05-2014, 10:11 AM)angel with wings Wrote: its why its so hard for us to tell people about us, they immediately judge us by what tv has portrayed us as. makes me mad too.

I like that, "beautiful disaster." Also love the snow leopard cub pic.

You'd think people would get that T.V. always portrays the dramatic and extremes. That's what grabs viewers. But they don't seem to connect the dots on that. I dread the day they make a reality T.V. show out of DID sufferers. I can see it happening.....

thank you for your comments.
a reality show would be disastrous. all DID sufferers are different. we have our own issues and our own way our alters work. like snowflakes, no two are alike. we are uniquely different. a show like that would find a "Sybil" and make us all look like that. hope no one ever does this, life is hard enough for us.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
09-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Find Reply