anxiety attack
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
May trigger  anxiety attack
Having a hard time. Going to meet with people in whom I don't want to see. They repeatedly hurt me on an emotional level. Seeing them puts me in a state of panic. It's not always bad, but I'm anxious cause I never know what will happen. Because they live in the area, I can't help but see them. I try to avoid as much as possible, but you know how that goes. So trying to stay distracted as much as possible so I don't think about it. Anon-32
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 09:15 PM by angel with wings.)
08-28-2014, 09:12 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: anxiety attack
sorry, sounds very uncomfortable. some people are just that way. hope it goes better than you're expecting Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Naps help me. I lie down and drift off with the television blaring When I wake up I am much calmer. Well, probably what happened is there was an internal "shift change" while I napped. But it works for me.

Something else I often did was carry something in my pocket. A special stone, a tiny toy... anything that wouldn't be noticed but hat I could fidget with or even touch and know it is there. Somehow it made me feel safer.

I hope the day comes soon when you can face them without fear or decide that you don't have to face them at all. Meantime, good luck to you.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Thanks guys. Listening to music helps me.
When I am around them, I find it hard to speak, become non-verbal. Look for my escape route as soon as possible. People, you said about having something to fidget with, I usually wear jewelry, I fidget with that.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
09-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
(09-06-2014, 03:25 PM)The People Wrote: Naps help me. I lie down and drift off with the television blaring When I wake up I am much calmer. Well, probably what happened is there was an internal "shift change" while I napped. But it works for me.

Something else I often did was carry something in my pocket. A special stone, a tiny toy... anything that wouldn't be noticed but hat I could fidget with or even touch and know it is there. Somehow it made me feel safer.

I hope the day comes soon when you can face them without fear or decide that you don't have to face them at all. Meantime, good luck to you.

Hmmm, that's interesting. I'm thinking that's why naps help me, too. And the toy/memento in a pocket calms the kids, for us anyway. Good suggestion.
09-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Friendship/Support  RE: anxiety attack
(09-07-2014, 07:55 PM)angel with wings Wrote: Thanks guys. Listening to music helps me.
When I am around them, I find it hard to speak, become non-verbal. Look for my escape route as soon as possible. People, you said about having something to fidget with, I usually wear jewelry, I fidget with that.

You might try a toy, though, as the People suggested. I'm surprised to find that, when I'm anxious at night, holding the squishy ball our (now-retired) T gave them calms the whole system. Some of the anxiety could be from little ones who may find comfort in a toy or transitional object of sorts. It's worth a try perhaps.

Take care. I'm sorry such troubling people live so close to you.
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 09:33 PM by orek.)
09-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

thanks, i'll look for a toy and try it.
I'm beautifully broken, perfectly imperfect, beautiful in my flaws, altogether I am a beautiful disaster.
09-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Coping with Social Anxiety The People 3 3,888 12-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Cammy
  21 days for anxiety The People 0 1,684 03-10-2018, 01:07 AM
Last Post: The People
News/Information On anxiety The People 2 4,775 04-17-2016, 07:57 PM
  Anxiety relief tips The People 2 2,972 07-24-2015, 05:48 PM