Panic Attack
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Panic Attack
I think I have had my first ever fully blown panic attack. I was getting my apartment ready for my sister to come visit and was texting with my friend about not wanting my sister to come. Something was said about boundaries and how I could ask her to leave if I wanted to. Well I could never do that and was trying to explain why, because she was family. Then all of a sudden I couldn't breathe, my heart literally felt like it was going to jump right out of my chest. I felt trapped and suffocating. I don't remember what happened next. She came and left........But I realized so much after she had left. I panicked because she was bringing my past into my house. I had gotten rid of everything that reminded me of my past and there she was bringing it back in just having her as a presence in my place. It was like it was contaminated again. So many things fell into place for me though and I am finally starting to have things make some sense in my life again. Just wish that didn't have to happen to realize the things I had to see. It was horrible!
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
07-09-2014, 03:23 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Panic Attack
hi Tangled,
it makes sense. it's much easier to run away or get rid of everything that reminds us of bad times than it is to bring them into our home. well done for learning from it and hope you have some restful days.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
If our sister told us she was coming we would move. we have stayed with her and she has no boundaries or sense of how to entertain or be polite. 40 years later its all the same. never ever would we let her in the door. putting paper bag spot right here.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

(07-10-2014, 01:31 PM)nats Wrote: hi Tangled,
it makes sense. it's much easier to run away or get rid of everything that reminds us of bad times than it is to bring them into our home. well done for learning from it and hope you have some restful days.

Thanks nats. I guess it just goes to show you that there are many, many things that you can do to avoid/run away/deny so many things but until you are able to look at them and deal with them you will spend your life doing those things and always looking around every corner. That is the lesson I think we finally learned. It didn't matter how many people in the past have told us that...........I guess for us it one of those things we HAD to learn for ourselves.
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 04:14 AM by Tangled Web.)
07-11-2014, 04:13 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(07-11-2014, 04:13 AM)Tangled Web Wrote: ...there are many, many things that you can do to avoid/run away/deny so many things but until you are able to look at them and deal with them you will spend your life doing those things and always looking around every corner. That is the lesson I think we finally learned. It didn't matter how many people in the past have told us that...........I guess for us it one of those things we HAD to learn for ourselves.
Tangled

if you've learnt that you've done more than most people manage! sounds like a celebration is in order Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Thanks nats Smile
07-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holiday Panic Shadows 5 3,536 12-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Last Post: The People
May trigger Panic over Politics / Medicaid Shadows 6 4,617 07-29-2017, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Cammy