Is it really worth it?
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Is it really worth it?
Some days we question is all this really worth it?
Try to tell myself that whatever doesn't break you will make you stronger and I hear enough already dammit. We are strong enough! So true..........How much stronger do you actually have to be to not have things knock you on your *ss so damn hard?

We are safe.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Is it really worth it?
i'm not sure that emotional strength stops things from knocking you flat. what it seems to do is give you reasons and abilities to get up and keep going more easily after. you are strong, but you will still feel pain when things hurt. that's just part of being human. it's the process of recovering and moving on from knocks that gets better through T, personal development, and maturity (yes, this is entirely personal opinion ;-)
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-17-2014, 04:01 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
That definitely put things in a different perspective. Never really thought of it like that. I wish I had this thick steel wall that I could put up to prevent being knocked on my *ss. I get so tried of picking myself off the ground only to be knocked down again...........
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

Threads: 34
Totally get it. I want walls too, to close the door of my castle.
07-24-2014, 07:32 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Just talking  RE: Is it really worth it?
Our inner landscape property is surrounded by a very thick, very high brick wall. Along the top of the wall is an upper fence made of electrified barbed wire. The front gate is made of iron, and it has a high brick watchtower on each side.

The back entrance to the property is a single lighthouse tower, in which the outer door and the inner door never open at the same time. So anyone entering can never get through automatically.

Throughout the landscape travels an automated security vehicle that's sort of a cross between an army tank and a big robot. It can be monitored from the front gates, the rear tower, the brick building in the backyard, or the house. The brick building used to be a containment center; now it's more of a hangout for protectors.

Those of us closer to the front don't spend as much time in our inner world as we used to. The upside of therapy is that the whole system begins to heal. The downside of healing is that we find it much harder to retreat. Undecided

Laura and others
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2014, 06:09 PM by MakersDozn.)
07-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Website Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

(07-26-2014, 06:08 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Our inner landscape property is surrounded by a very thick, very high brick wall. Along the top of the wall is an upper fence made of electrified barbed wire. The front gate is made of iron, and it has a high brick watchtower on each side.

The back entrance to the property is a single lighthouse tower, in which the outer door and the inner door never open at the same time. So anyone entering can never get through automatically.

Throughout the landscape travels an automated security vehicle that's sort of a cross between an army tank and a big robot. It can be monitored from the front gates, the rear tower, the brick building in the backyard, or the house. The brick building used to be a containment center; now it's more of a hangout for protectors.

Those of us closer to the front don't spend as much time in our inner world as we used to. The upside of therapy is that the whole system begins to heal. The downside of healing is that we find it much harder to retreat. Undecided

Laura and others

exactly how I would describe my castle. I added to mine, near all the doors and gates, rose bushes. the reason for them is because they are full of thorns. I use them as protection. if your going to get to me, you better be prepared to bleed.
07-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Other/All/Unsure   RE: Is it really worth it?
(07-27-2014, 04:02 PM)angel with wings Wrote: exactly how I would describe my castle. I added to mine, near all the doors and gates, rose bushes. the reason for them is because they are full of thorns. I use them as protection. if your going to get to me, you better be prepared to bleed.

Sounds like the reason why we have the electrified barbed wire along the top of the brick wall. It's a little extra insurance to motivate people to stay away.

The problem is that every now and then we're reminded that we show the barbed wire in the way that we deal with people in 3d. Some of us don't want to care what people think. But we can't avoid the fact that we have to function in 3d, whether we like it or not. Reining in the barbs is more painful than the pain that having them out is supposed to make other people feel.

Laura and others
07-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Website Find Reply
angel with wings Offline

M.D. I know your right, what we do hurts us more than we let on. yet, somehow we still feel safer where we are. we are sometimes our own collateral damage.
07-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Find Reply